Transcode WTV

Dunamis

[H]Lurker Supreme[/H]
Anyone manages to transcode windows media center's WTV (H264 & AAC) format to something else?

Last i was aware of, usually people wanted to convert other formats into H264 to save space, what do you want to do with that format?

Well WTV format can only be opened by Windows Media Center and its size is pretty huge, about 4 gigs for an hour of HD content.

I'm trying to convert it to a more storage friendly size. Ideally into an MKV container with subtitles if necessary (original stream is from a DVB source)

Anyone manages to transcode windows media center's WTV (H264 & AAC) format to something else?

Just so you know WTV isn't H264 (that actually one of the problems with VMC, it doesn't record to h264). It's regular old MPEG2 with an updated wrapper (and DRM!).

The native DVB stream here in NZ is H264 and I would've thought WMC just dump it into the WTV file. And during recording there is absolutely no CPU usage so I assume there is no processing involved to converts into a modified MPEG2 format.

Back