Transcend video card problems

citizenhipster

Weaksauce
I purchased a Transcend Xabre 400 not so long ago, and was having problems.

I contacted several people, and no one knew what the problem could be.
I then contacted Transcend's "tech support" they first told me to search online, then they told me to buy a $200 video card.
That is all they could do for me.

Great.

What my problem was, was that during Need For Speed Underground, my computer would lock up randomly. I know the drivers were causing the problem. I talked to SiS (the company that makes the drivers) and they were relaly nice and said to talk to Transcend. So I did.

Blah blah...

what do i do?

p.s. transcend is the worst company ever.

How do you know the drivers are the problem?
Why would SiS tell you to talk to Transcend unless they suspect it's a hardware problem, and not drivers?

Lockups, in my experience, can indicate hardware issues, especially overheating.

when i turn off the auto reboot when danger is present in Win Xp...

i get a blue screen that says: sisgrv.dll. that is part of the driver.

the SiS guy was really nice and upfront with me, he said that I have to talk with Transcend because SiS only makes things. Transcend is what gets them to make things.
In other words, if I complain to Transcend, and a few others, transend will tell SiS, and SiS updates its drivers or creates a fix.
Transcend also tests all its hardware, so if they are able to test out NFSU with my video card, then we could see if my video card was the problem. Transend also makes the video BIOS, and i was going to see if they had an update. but the guy wouldn't even answer that question.

It's not an overheating issue, I've detected restarts occuring in the same places during the game.

Back