Train Signal learning disks

schnell

Gawd
My company has finally agreed to get some training materials for me, unfortunately there is not much in the way of local training centers. I am looking into some DVD/online video training systems and ran across these.
http://www.trainsignal.com/
Has anyone used the before?
Anyone know of something better?

looking to pickup some training on Hyper-V to increase my understanding because we are deploying it currently. Their training package looks decent.

However I am also looking for some CRM and Sharepoint Administration training which I see that they do not offer.

CBTNuggets has a larger selection of topics IIRC. The Cisco topic Trainsignal videos I've seen were very detailed. The CBTNuggets are a little less detailed but won't put you into a coma watching them. I've only watched some of their Cisco and Checkpoint vids though. I haven't really been keeping up with the other vendors and programs they have available.

I've actually found that CBTNuggets and Train Signal to be less boring than the other training companies out there (and there's one in particular I mean :rolleyes: ). And that's from using a good bit of their vids.

I got the Train Signal SharePoint Server 2007 training videos from work some time back - covered installation, configs, knowledge bases, etc. Pretty nice overall. You should, in addition to the training videos, pick up the MS Press SharePoint Best Practices.

As for Hyper-V, I've been told (didn't need to train for it) that the Sybex Mastering HyperV Deployment book is excellent. As for the actual training videos, it's a toss up.

Back