traditional file sharing in Win7?

IDversusEGO

Supreme [H]ardness
I have mixed OS environment in my home so I am wanting to just use the regular sharing option. I right click on the drive and select the "share with" option. using the advanced sharing button I add the share and give everyone full access. From my other PCs I can see the share drive but I get "access denied" when I try to access the contents. The oddity is that one of my shares works, but the other subsequent shares dont. Windows firewall is disabled on all of my computers. any ideas?

wow...for some reason everyone wasnt listed. I am used to it always being there with at least read. Dont remember adding it on the first share either. whatever, thanks for that. works fine now.

The last time I messed with mixed file sharing on XP-Vista/7, I had to share the folder on the XP machine in order to see it on Vista. I couldn't share it on Vista and access it from XP (though I could see it).
Does Everyone have read/list folder contents access on the security tab?
On the XP machine?

No, the machine on which the shared folder you're trying to access resides. So in this case, the Windows 7 machine.

Back