Trading games

dragon

[H]ard|Gawd
Which places accept trade in games without covers? More specifically does game crazy accept trades without cases.

dragon said:
Do you get less trade in value if they do not have the covers?
I would assume you do, but considering you get very little to begin with I can't imagine you'd lose that much (unless it was a newer game).

i really feel the exchange game policy at most game shop is a total racket. man... they must make a lot out of it... a LOT

arr4ws said:
i really feel the exchange game policy at most game shop is a total racket. man... they must make a lot out of it... a LOT
When I preordered my PS3 the manager made some comment like "we'd really like you to bring in your old games to help pay for it." If they weren't making a killing off of it I doubt he'd say something like that.

Gamestop takes naked games, yes. I have never been to nor seen a game crazy around here so I don't know about them.

However, I'd recommend using some other channel, like ebay, half, or Amazon marketplace to offload your old games. Gamestop just don't give you much for games, unless they are still very new releases. But then they turn around and sell the game for $5 less than new, making insane margin on the game.

Sidenote: the GS employees can take out a game for a few days and play it at home (so that they can give a better impression of it to customers), but then they still sell it as a new copy even though it has already been played.

BillLeeLee said:
Sidenote: the GS employees can take out a game for a few days and play it at home (so that they can give a better impression of it to customers), but then they still sell it as a new copy even though it has already been played.
I brought that up, and they are like "It's new.". Now I will only take the game if it's really hard to find (Psychonauts).

i believe for your entertainment (FYE) takes used games too. dunno about games with no case though

Used games are where Gamestop and EB make most of their money...that and interest free loans (aka all the idiots who preorder games and systems).

Erasmus354 said:
Used games are where Gamestop and EB make most of their money...that and interest free loans (aka all the idiots who preorder games and systems).
Those idiots who preorder systems will also be the only ones who get them early. But waiting in line for 12 hours in front of Best Buy on some cold night to get one is cool, right?

Back