Trademark Application Hints at Nintendo 64 Classic Mini

Not sure how it would work with the rare games(which are on the xbox via rare replay now) but yea it had a bunch of good games. You also have wave race, that beetle racing game, the paper mario, etc. The n64 really had a bunch of good games.

I really wish they would release a system based off like the wii that looked retro and could download game packs via wifi/Ethernet. A system for people who don't care about being portable like the switch. Then sell retro controllers themselves that are usb. Let you buy gamecube, nes, snes, sega genesis etc controllers for it.

That is actually a real problem on games that were on the forefront of change. 3d on the snes for instance(or on the genesis). Even early 3d games on the saturn, n64, and ps1. The controls are not always as good and maybe of the games really didn't run well. The n64 actually did a little better here as it came with an analog stick although it was just one. Really the 2 sticks were what changed everything.

Games like perfect dark and golden eye aged the worst. Those and early saturn and ps1 games that didn't use analog controls(you ended up using the l and r buttons to rotate the camera on many).

That being said a bunch of games aged fine. Pilotwings would still be playable as would blastcorps. 3d platformers on the n64 had some camera issues but generally are fine. Mario 64 is a game that not only still holds up, it is a game that we can still judge other platformers against. I still think it is one of the best ones out to this day. Mario Kart 64 is actually faster than the newer ones and is still fun and controls well. You have a few racing games on the system that would still be good.

How would rare games work any differently than any other games? Rare games have been on the Wii U's virtual console for years. Microsoft has also published games on Nintendo systems since the early 90s and still do so what is this you are going on about?

Man, I still have my N64 with RAM expansion thing somewhere in the house. It's probably a cockroach motel by now, but I bet it'll still run like it did years ago.

Nintendo exec 1: the nes classic demand is insane!
Nintendo exec 2: i know, right?
Nintendo exec 3: lets make a limited amount of them and let the plebs fight for them!
All execs: Hell yeah!

Nintendo exec 1: interest for the super nes clasic is insane!
Nintendo exec 2: i know, right?
Nintendo exec 3: lets make half of what we did with the classic nes and lets the plebs fight for it!
All execs: hell to the yeah!,

Nintendo exec 1: N64 classic is a great idea.......

Fuck you, Nintendo...

I hope it comes with the expansion pak LOL.

I would love to play some Rogue Squadron again.

we found that the graphics and frame rates were so terrible we could hardly stomach playing the first level. We couldn't understand how we ever played like that.
That was my reaction the first time playing N64 when it came out... but likely to those who were impressed with it may've never played 3d games until then, so it was a new experience for them.

Back