Trackmania Nations - Forever

i think that´s the whole game, in filefront it says it´s the Free Full Game!!! :eek:
do not know why though, they are giving it away for free?

Cool, I think I'll have to check it out since it's free. Thanks for the links.

Trackmania Nations was also free. Trackmana Nations Forever is the free sequel. They are seriously fun games. I raced a few tracks with about 200 other people this morning. Good times.

Fileshack also has it.

Also, The TMU Forever patch adds TM Nations Forever content and compatability. So if you already have TMU, you can just patch it to add TM Nations Forever functionality. If you got TMU through Steam, it should have patched last night...Mine did.

It's not United. It basically updates the free Trackmania Nations stadium environment to what was released with Trackmania United. They add night, dawn, and sunset styles along with new track blocks with the biggest addition being all of the off-road blocks. There's a bit of a visual update as well with some new lighting effects and other tweaks. Another big difference is that I think they changed the way players advance in ranking, so it's basically like a ladder reset for Nations players.

There is also a United Forever add-on that's been released for the retail game that includes visual upgrades for the Trackmania Original environments and some other updates including cross-compatibility between TMN-F and TMU-F stadium servers.

I haven't had the chance to play either yet, so I'm just going by what I've heard and read.

I have united and i like what they did with the update. the integration with nations is awesome, and the UI is a lot nicer

How come on steam you have to pay for it? I thought trackmania was free? lol

Edit -- my bad, didn't read the whole thing on the steam website.

I have united and i like what they did with the update. the integration with nations is awesome, and the UI is a lot nicer

Ditto, I was blown away by how much they added and improved to United.

just got the game... but sadly they increased the price on steam just before the release. 40$ is still a steal , but 30 would have been sooo sweet...

oh well !

Anyone else having big time problems with the keys/bindings? I've got a Saitek Eclipse and I can't hardly navigate around the menus because it's jumping all over the place. I can't bind the Accelerate function, either. Even if I could I don't think the game would be playable the way the keyboard acts. Poop.

I've got TMNF downloading right now. Can't pass up a FREE game, and one that gets so much praise as the TM series. This will be my first time playing it as I've been meaning to pick it up but never did. Sometimes Steam comes through for ya :)

This.........this is a.........FREE game??????? It cant be so, surely not. No wait.....can it??? Can it really be true??? HOLY CRAP!!!!! Wheres the tp?

Will download and give a try tonight after TF2 gaming :)

Could someone tell me where it is on Steam? I simply can't find it free in there.

Yeah, they hide it on Steam. It's not under any category and it doesn't show up when you search for it.

You have to click the little press release about "New Trackmania games" and follow the link from there.

Or just click here.

Awesome game, BTW. I loved the first Trackmania Nations (also free), and this is a nice little update to it.

Fixed my goofy keyboard problem. I had to disable a bunch of the keyboard devices listed under HID in the device manager. Found the fix in the TM Nations forums. Another great game from Nadeo!

For some reason, my initial play through the game was quick. Then now all of a sudden my games (TM races) seems to go to a crawl while playing.. i wonder why that is.. :(

I have downloaded the game and found it kinda ... boring... I have only finished "white". Will it get better later on?

I have downloaded the game and found it kinda ... boring... I have only finished "white". Will it get better later on?

It does, but the most fun is the multiplayer and custom maps. I have had a lot of fun making tracks.

I will downlaod this game from steam, can I use a steering wheel to play?

EDIT: yes, it works.

This.........this is a.........FREE game??????? It cant be so, surely not. No wait.....can it??? Can it really be true???

This is exactly what I said when I tested it out this weekend. I've since called and convinced six or seven of my friends to download the game. This is probably the funnest free game I've ever played.

The first hour I played it I kept asking myself, "Why didn't anyone tell me about this game earlier??"

This is exactly what I said when I tested it out this weekend. I've since called and convinced six or seven of my friends to download the game. This is probably the funnest free game I've ever played.

The first hour I played it I kept asking myself, "Why didn't anyone tell me about this game earlier??"

And it also has great graphics and runs very well.

I will downlaod this game from steam, can I use a steering wheel to play?

EDIT: yes, it works.

I was going to download it on Steam, then I realized, "Why?"
It's available for download and install elsewhere. So why rely on Steam to run for a game your don't need it to?
But don't get me wrong, I love Steam for games that actually require it.

And it also has great graphics and runs very well.

Exactly! I installed it on my second, older system of a e4300 + x800 gto and it works flawlessly (43fps on the benchmark) at 1280x1024, normal settings, 16AF, 4AA. My buddy with an A64 3200 and 6600 video card said it ran pretty well. My other buddy with a p4 3.2 and x1950pro said it ran well on single player, but on multiplayer it told him his fps was too low and automatically lowered his settings for him.

So fun, and I can run it with 16xAA and 16xAF. Gorgeous.
Had to kill that music though... is there seriously only 3 tracks? bah.

Some of the user made tracks make me want to vomit.

Other than that, it's quite the adrenaline rush. I can see why it's popular (besides being free, that is;)).

I was going to download it on Steam, then I realized, "Why?"
It's available for download and install elsewhere. So why rely on Steam to run for a game your don't need it to?
But don't get me wrong, I love Steam for games that actually require it.

Steam will auto update the game for you. Also, I know the last version of Trackmania Nations had Starforce whereas they removed it after a while from the steam edition. Not sure if this one does though.

My buddy with a x2 3800 and a x1950pro says that the game crashes before he gets a chance to go into it. When I tried installing this on my nephew's computer, (9700pro and p4 3.2ghz) it had the same issue.

Has anyone else had problems just starting up the game and was subsequently able to fix it?

I had a crashing issue right after installing the game. Turns out a lot of people were having crashing issues related to sound drivers. Make sure your sound drivers are up to date. Also, you should go into the sound options and select your specific audio device. The game seems to pick default for some reason, and this has been causing other people crashes as well.

Steam will auto update the game for you. Also, I know the last version of Trackmania Nations had Starforce whereas they removed it after a while from the steam edition. Not sure if this one does though.

Nope, no StarForce in the free version of the game, no point in it.
Also, the stand-alone game has an Updater service as well.

Nope, no StarForce in the free version of the game, no point in it.
Also, the stand-alone game has an Updater service as well.

The last version did, even though it was a free game. I downloaded the steam version just in case.

I wanted to jump in and say I've been playing this game since it appeared on Steam and it's a lot of fun. I don't like racing games too much, but this one is a blast--both solo and online play.

I wanted to jump in and say I've been playing this game since it appeared on Steam and it's a lot of fun. I don't like racing games too much, but this one is a blast--both solo and online play.

How many medals does everyone have so far? I'm at 127 and I don't think I'll ever be able to unlock the last color or the latter portoin of the second to last color. It's like the difficulty level goes through the roof at some point.

So it'll run well on my machine?

(see sig)

BTW, some of those pics remind me of the San Francisco Rush stunt tracks. AWESOME.

Back