Tracking/Monitoring/Logging software?

aronesz

Limp Gawd
Greetings,

I am looking for a piece of software to install on my Company laptop that would log, track, record (screenshot every x seconds) everything I do so as to cover my end. ;\ Suggestions?

What is your job? What kinds of screenshots would be captured? What value would this give to "CYA"? Who would be reviewing anything logged/captured?

And finally... If this is a company laptop, why isn't the company pre-installing any required monitoring tools for them to do their job?

This thread just seems sketchy and a "tip of the iceberg" scenario.

Company doesn't install any monitoring/tracking/logging software whatsoever.

You know, IT gets the blame for everything, even if it isn't our fault. I want to cover my end when I get falsely accused of playing video games being directly reported to the CFO of the company. ;\

You know, IT gets the blame for everything, even if it isn't our fault. I want to cover my end when I get falsely accused of playing video games being directly reported to the CFO of the company. ;\
Sounds like a personnel issue, one that no amount of technology-based CYA would protect. You should combat this at a non-technology level, at least to protect your name. Also consider moving on to other employment opportunities.

While I agree with the suggestion that you handle this on a non-technology level, I also understand that evidence is always useful.

Spector soft makes some good stuff.

You can't prove a negative- You can never prove your innocence. If you install logging software on your computer to 'prove' your innocence, you are actually providing evidence to establish guilt.
Next time it comes up, ask them for the evidence they are using to establish your guilt or support their claim. Don't be a dick about it, try and be helpful. If there is an actual issue somewhere, you will be the hero for solving the actual issue instead of perpetuating FUD.

CYA = Cover your ass.

Spectorsoft is well known around here as a monitoring application. I second that.

Company doesn't install any monitoring/tracking/logging software whatsoever.

So you think they'll believe you when you say "look at these 6,160,875 screenshots of everything I've been doing for the past year, tracked by me, administered by me"?

Sorry dude, there isn't any technical solution to your management issue. Deal with the person causing you this trouble, or leave before you waste a lot of time and effort on a useless job reference.

Ya call them out, as said recording your self wont prove anything they just say "well you wouldnt do what your guilty of on camera would you?

spector360

its scary as shit

Also bogs my computer down(AD mmc, powershell, anything going over the network tends to lag)

Back