Tracking Issues with the Cyborg MMO7

Retne

Limp Gawd
I was wondering how many people out there that have this mouse are having major tracking issues and what mouse surface they are using.

I'm trying to see if there is an optimal surface I should be using because the tracking on mine seems to be getting worse and worse. I'm losing tracking on an axis at least every 5-10 minutes and it's starting to annoy me greatly. I realize that this seems to be an issue with the twin-eye sensor they use but I'm hoping to at least make the tracking more stable than it currently is. I may end up just RMAing/looking to trade this mouse out for some other mouse because it's starting to become unuseable.

Right now I'm using a large blue cloth mouse pad. Anyone out there have any different experiences with other pad surfaces?

I am having the tracking issues as well. I tried all the surfaces I have available, an Everglide Giganta, a felt mouse pad, and my wood desk surface. I had tracking issues on all three of them.

I tried the recommended fixes such as clearing the "Precision Pointer" in Mouse properties and cleaning the optics with a qtip.

Recently, I switched to my old Logitech G5 mouse and it was like coming home.

However, I keep trying with the mouse and ended up using canned air to clean the optics. This seems to have improved tracking.

I had already started an RMA process with MadCatz and will continue down that path.

Update:

I connected the mouse to my work laptop without any of the drivers or software.

I just caught the cursor moving on it's own. This was in the same afternoon after blowing out the optics with canned air. At this point, I definitely believe the issue is with the hardware.

I was wondering how many people out there that have this mouse are having major tracking issues and what mouse surface they are using.

I'm trying to see if there is an optimal surface I should be using because the tracking on mine seems to be getting worse and worse. I'm losing tracking on an axis at least every 5-10 minutes and it's starting to annoy me greatly. I realize that this seems to be an issue with the twin-eye sensor they use but I'm hoping to at least make the tracking more stable than it currently is.

Right now I'm using a large blue cloth mouse pad. Anyone out there have any different experiences with other pad surfaces?

I had a similar issue as well when I was just using the surface of the table top of the entertainment center (or whatever the hell they are called these days now that they are essentially a coffee table). I tried a couple of different types of paper just to mess around with it and so little to no improvement. Then I grabbed part of a shelf I had cut up during up project and haven't had any issues since then. It's MDF with a matte black coating on it that has a bit of a texture but is smooth. The micro texture could have something to do with it but, according to a post Rich made a few months ago, mice apparently see the surface as either light or dark regardless of what colour the surface is.

e.g. It can see a black coloured surface as dark either dark or light.

Since the surface swap I haven't had any tracking issues barring the "drift" that occurs when you lift the mouse up and set it back down and the occasional debris/dust. Based on that and similar posts about tracking issues, it obviously has a surface preference.

Barring something being defective with the sensor, you should be able to improve the performance (at least based on my personal experience).

I just received an MMO7 and can confirm that it does not like the Ratpad I have...shifts VERY frequently.

Anyone have a surface that the mouse will work on? It likes my desk surface, but it is not a smooth as a ratpad.

That is very strange.

I have done several comparisons, switching back forth between different surfaces. Moving the mouse slowly over the ratpad makes the cursor shift every which way...leads me to think that the sensor is picking up the small groves on ratpad.

***EDIT***
Just in case someone has the same issue (which I have read many do), I had to stop using my ratpadz. Good news is that I fixed the cursor movement while clicking. I took off the feet of an older mouse and placed it on top of the front feet of the mmo7. This prevented the cursor from moving while clicking as the mmo7 seems to have a large amount of lift.

Last edited:
Unrelated I assume, but I've just updated to their most recent patch firmware whatever and now occasionally my mouse will get stuck in a horizontal line or vertical line on the screen, IE only x-axis or y-axis movement. Is resolved by lifting the mouse off the pad and placing it back on. Very frustrating when it happens though!

Yup I experience the same issues, I really like the mouse but the tracking is a huge let down :(

Yup I experience the same issues, I really like the mouse but the tracking is a huge let down :(

The same issues as me with the stuck horizontal / vertical tracking occasionally? Or generally like others in the thread, trying to figure out it it's the newer drivers that's causing it or the mouse is just malfunctioning.

If you're getting stuck in one axis, give the laser lens a good clean with a cotton bud - it's nothing to do with firmware etc.

The same issues as me with the stuck horizontal / vertical tracking occasionally? Or generally like others in the thread, trying to figure out it it's the newer drivers that's causing it or the mouse is just malfunctioning.

Same issue as you I'll be gaming and suddenly only horizontal or vertical tracking it's definitely gone both ways. I love the mouse but currently attempting to find someone who has a mouse pad that works good with it and go from there.

I ordered a c4 ngen04 based off of some recommendations on the forum.

I will post my feedback. I am still having tracking issues as well...the lift is gone after my mod, but every once in a while the cursor will jump every which way.

Same issue as you I'll be gaming and suddenly only horizontal or vertical tracking it's definitely gone both ways. I love the mouse but currently attempting to find someone who has a mouse pad that works good with it and go from there.

I've had the same issue, I RMA'd one and have the same issue again. Just finished playing a game where my X axis locked up and killed me.

For $130 I don't expect a frequent X axis or Y axis lockup. It's just not acceptable and I'm looking for a new mouse already after far too short of time with this mouse.

Avoid this mouse, end of story. It's lovely, but there is something wrong with the *hardware*, most likely a bad choice in sensor.

Back