Tracking issues with MX Revolution and Xtrac Ripper XXL

investinwaffles

Limp Gawd
So my MX Revolution is giving me tracking problems with my Ripper XXL :(

It wasnt doing this initially, or maybe I just didnt notice :(
The problem is that the cursor will jump a few positions every now and then and is really annoying when selecting say a song in itunes.

Anyone have any insight to the problem? is it just the shitty sensor in the MX Revolution? :(
I love the mouse (LOVE the hyperfast scrolling, and the thumb scroll), but I really cant live with this problem. And im not giving up my deskpad :LOL:

What other good wireless mice are there? It has to be wireless, have a few buttons and look either sleek or unique (rat9?)? I dont know if I can give up my MX Rev's sublime scolling, but this is really an annoying issue. Updating/reinstalling drivers did nothing, same with reinstalling the actual mouse from the system :(

Have you tried cleaning the sensor with a can of compressed air?

Yep, no dust on the exterior of the sensor :(

The mouse works fine on the surface of my desk (wood), and on my old mousepad (cyba snipa :LOL:, got it for free).
So I guess im going to end up switching it out. What are the best of the best wireless mice right now? Will they be any different??? Meaning I want something that will for sure track properly on the Ripper XXL.

What are the best of the best wireless mice right now? Will they be any different??? Meaning I want something that will for sure track properly on the Ripper XXL.

Best wireless mice currently:

Logitech G700
Razer Mamba
Microsoft X8

Certain mice/sensors can indeed be picky and track better/worse on different surfaces. I haven't used the Ripper XXL, so maybe someone that owns one of the above mice + that pad can chime in.

Sorry to bump the thread but this problem is getting ridiculous :(

So next question, has anyone used a Logitech MX or any other laser logitech with either the Corepad Cerro XXL, C1 XXL, Deskpad XXL, pretty much any corepad deskpad????

I dont really know if I can give up my MX Revolution, there is no other mouse I can find right now that is better for my needs (I hate wired mice, and wires in general). The G700 is pretty much the only alternative mouse I can find and I loose my thumb-scroll but I can make up for it with extra buttons I guess. Still, I would rather spend $40 on a mousepad than another $100 on a new mouse that might have the same issues.:(

Sorry can't say I have. I do however use a Puretrak Talent and it works fine with all kinds of laser and optical mice. And it's the next closest thing outside of all those ridiculously large pads you've mentioned.

Back