TR2 +12V = 3.26

evilmonkey

Limp Gawd
my.php

thermaltake tr2 430w, E2140 1.6 @ 3.0 . granted i don't know a lot about power supply specifics but that just doesn't make any sense to me. how can the 12V's be so off??

the fact that it thinks your -12v rail is running -17v +/- is even more disturbing to me

rest assured this is incorrect, the program is getting bad readings from the motherboard sensors, use a DMM to check

the -12v, not really. it's not used for anything.

it's the ground, without it nothing would work

DC current runs from negative to positive, opposite of what most people think, like in a car battery, the power or electrons actually flow from NEG to POS, not the other way around....

my.php

thermaltake tr2 430w, E2140 1.6 @ 3.0 . granted i don't know a lot about power supply specifics but that just doesn't make any sense to me. how can the 12V's be so off??

You know what? Software-based voltage readings are seldom -- if ever -- accurate. With my current system, Speedfan 4.33 indicated the +12V voltage as only 11.40V, while the P5K motherboard's BIOS indicated 12.096V. I agree with nobody_here: Get youself an inexpensive DMM from an electrical-supply store.

it's the ground, without it nothing would work

DC current runs from negative to positive, opposite of what most people think, like in a car battery, the power or electrons actually flow from NEG to POS, not the other way around....

The -12v in a PC powers serial ports (or used) to. Ground is handled by the grounds.

Back