• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

TPA3116 amp guides?

Tengis

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Jun 11, 2003
Messages
6,561
I've done a lot of googling and found many massive threads that are extremely hard to follow.

Basically, Im looking to use a couple in different applications. Im not sure of what boards are preferred and whether or not I should use a preamp.

I want to use one or two in a car and one for computer bookshelf speakers. Also was wondering if its possible to boost the output to around 100w so I can use them with my home theater speakers.

Thoughts?
 
It depends on your application. If you want plug and play the Sure Model is the way to go as it has RCA inputs and outputs and a power plug. If you want to tinker there are is the blue/ black model that is supposed to be the most tinker friendly. The green board sold on eBay by Audiobah is supposed to have slightly better sound quality based on the threads I read. Most people use a preamp.

My personal experience is that I own the Sure board and have paired it with a 6J1 tube preamp and a pair of Micca MB42X speakers. This is connected to my PC as the source. I have zero complaints and it blows away my previous setup of Audioengine A2s. I am not one to tinker, and this was a complete plug and play solution.

There is no way to get 100W per channel out of this board. You may be surprised how good it sounds with the 50W per channel. I have the little brother to the TPA3116, the TPA3110 which outputs 8W per channel. Short of lacking the deep bass that the TPA3116 produces, the TPA3110 sounds fantastic despite its lack of power.
 
Can you bridge two of them? Lol. I've got some Polk Ls90s (huge speakers) in my living room. I believe the crap receiver I have right now is 75w per channel.

I would like to have amps that are tucked away so my two year old doesn't get to them. I have an old school amp from the late 70s I refurbished that does about 100w per channel and it is significantly better then the receiver but too many knobs and switches for my daughter to mess with.
 
Back
Top