TP-Link AX6600 (Archer GX90) router is halving my upload. Seems like a hidden QoS

Dark12

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey folks.

I am at my whit's end here. I recently started encountering a problem with my router limited bandwidth as if there was QOS enabled somewhere. It happens wired and wireless as of a couple months ago. Wired directly to the modem I get 940mbps/42mbps. Wired to the router I get 940/23mbps.

All settings related to parental control, QOS, gaming are disabled. Rolled back firmware to one I know worked fine to no avail. I can't pinpoint any changes that would have prompted this.

I run a Plex server for my family so every bit of upload I can scrape is important.

Here is the model. Note it is the AX6600 model, not the AX10000.

https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-WiFi-6-Gaming-Router/dp/B08TGKX9MT?th=1

I have seen similar people encountering this issue, but couldn't track down a root cause.

Any suggestions?

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Kinda obvious, but do you have the PLEX port forwarded?
I appreciate the response.

Yea relevant ports forwarded, but the speed tests are returning the same values regardless of which PC I test on which is what makes me think there is some option I am overlooking.

I am outside my Amazon return window, but I am considering just buying a new router because it doesn't seem like this supports any open source firmware which would allow me to further troubleshoot.

Do you have an upload limit set in plex? What are the endpoint settings? Sounds like server or client issue

For whatever reason, the upload "limit" you set in plex is halved in actual practice. Try doubling it.

I don't believe this is a Plex issue.

My main PC does not have Plex installed and still gets the same 23ish mbps upload on speed tests.

If I remove the router and connect directly to modem I get regular 42ish mbps upload. No other factors changed.

Some google fu showed someone with a similar issue who was able to unlock some other QOS setting page after refreshing cache of router options, but I am unable to replicate this.

Have you directly connected to the modem and gotten full speeds using both cables that are used with router connection

Sorry for the late response. Apparently everyone in my whole family wanted to utilize the server all night.

Swapped cables and no difference at all. Tried each configuration and went down the road to microcenter and got a CAT8 (i know) with no change. Cable lengths vary from 6 feet to 10 feet so no bit distances either.

Just tried a new 2.5gbit pcie NIC and I am still getting same results. This is infuriating.

Back