Tough Decision

Joined
Aug 9, 2005
Messages
4
I am getting ready to buy a whole new computer. In my current computer I’m using a Radeon 9700 pro 128/ Amd XP 2800 754pin/2GB ocz/some pos mobo. I’m looking forward to buying a Evga Geforce 7900 GT KO/eVGA 131-K8-NF44-AX NF4 SLi/ Athlon 64 X2 4800. I know that soon directx10 video cards will come out. Everyone says to wait. Buy an ok card and save for later. If I do that will the 10X cards work with the current NF4 SLI chipset? Or the odds of me having to get a new mobo pretty good? Opinions, if I get my card or cards for sli will it be smashed next to the first 10x video card. I just can't Imagine it! It worries me that if I do wait the next cards will be like twice as much and will keep being replaced every month for awhile. Are the first cards going to be worth droping the money. Like my 9700 pro. It was one of the first DX9 cards. It was great/expensive, but being the first out it couldn't play most of directx9 games at high setting or medium on some...
 
I am going X1800XT with the price its at (202$!!!! AWSOME!) So with the 7900GT being around that price I would jump on it. DX10 games wont become a major issue until at least a year after its launch and even then you wont be left behind form everything gaming wise. Get it and dont worry, I am sure you will have 400 dollars or so to spend on a video card in one year if things go right in your life.
 
I'd say the same. DX10 games shouldn't be a big deal right off and Vista isn't due out until what, sometime after Christmas, right? You need Vista to use DX10, so I'd get what you want now and buy a DX10 card when it becomes a necessity... ;)
 
Back
Top