Touchpad works intermittently

8fingers

Limp Gawd
Toshiba Satellite A135

I boot it up, sometimes the touchpad works, sometimes it doesn't. It's sorta luck of the draw when I boot it up whether it'll work or not. Usually, if it's running on battery power it works and when It's plugged in the mouse will just freeze. Sometimes it will move the tiniest bit like it's getting input but something is holding it back. Tried a clean install of windows, same problem. Seems to happen with or without the drivers for the touchpad. Any ideas? What would it be worth on ebay with an issue like this?

hmmm... that's odd.

have you looked around google? Notice any other owners of your laptop having the same issues? I'd assume that the hardware might be on it's way out or something on the motherboard is going. Is it still under warrenty?

well, warranty expired last january and it's my gf's old laptop. trying to figure out if it might be an easy fix so her brother can use it or if there's any ebay value in it.

i checked google, but i'm not really coming up with anything useful.

sorry to resurrect this, but if I can't figure anything out before the weekend, my gf is putting it on ebay for 99 cents. c'mon, someone help me save this thing for useful things.

If I were you, I would start disassembling the laptop and check to see whether if the touchpad cable has somehow worked itself out a bit. I vaguely remember doing this to some crappy Presario that had similar issues and was able to get it working again. Meticulous work is required, so if you're not comfortable opening up your laptop find yourself a fellow geek with steady hands who can do it.

If all else fails, either find a replacement touchpad assembly for the Satellite on ebay or buy a cheap notebook mouse. :)

Edit: Cripes! Didn't see the date of the last post. Hope I'm not too late.

Last edited:
Back