A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!
Whenever I touch my CRT screen it makes the regular static noise. I was wondering if this is harmful to components near the computer like headphones for example.
Also wondering, what is the best way to clean a CRT?
you have carpet on your floor? the static that you get when touching your screen shouldn't affect anything; however, if you're switching components, i'd highly recommend a grounding strap.
The best way to clean a screen (or at least the way I do) is to use a lint-free cloth and windex. I'd stay away from static-based dust clothes (like pledge dry clothes, etc.) and stick to the normal stuff. There are some anti-static monitor brushes out there, but....you'll have to dig.
At work where they're available, I use monitor cleaning wipes. Here, I find that lens cleaner seems to work well (I picked up 2 8oz bottles of the stuff at Sam's club for $5 or so, and even with frequent cleaning of glasses, I have no idea how I'll ever manage to use the stuff up.)