• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

toubleshooting - red flash

burnin8r

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Nov 19, 2006
Messages
1,211
I upgraded my PSU moments ago and dropped in a second 7600GS 512, then configured SLi on the nvidia control panel. I ran 3D mark to see how my new system would perform, and I noticed a constant red flash. when 3D mark finished, I loaded up far cry, and the red flashing started again. I am not experiencing the color distortion under normal viewing conditions, it seems like the phenomenon only exists when the cards are being pushed... any ideas ?
 
ok, this morning i powered up before work and the red flashes kicked in when my screen saver started up (xp aquarium). the hue/saturation changed when i shut down... has anyone experienced anything similar ? i m going to test with another moniter, hope its not one of the video cards.
 
Throw your old PSU back in and see if it continues. Maybe you knocked something loose.
 
when I set up my SLi, I used the Asus ribbon bridge instead of the pcb connector that came with my mobo... when removed, the red splotchy flashes went with it. unfortunately, I cant use the pcb connector in my Qpack due to clearance issues.
 
Back
Top