Total weirdness, need suggestions.

Kyohe

Weaksauce
This doesn't fit in a particular section so I'm putting it here. Whenever I right click on a WMV, AVI or MPG movie file the screen goes black for a second and then comes back, like it was resetting the screen or something. It happens on all drives but ONLY with those types of files. I can't imagine for the life of me why it's doing this. Any ideas on how I can fix it?

I just found out it does it when I click the "NVIDA Settings" icon in the task manager area, it did not do this yesterday, and I haven't installed anything new... I have an eVGA 6800 if that helps.

ok http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/...F9zZWFyY2hfdGV4dD1CbGluaw**&p_li=&p_topview=1

Says that it's normal when you're clicking the settings thing, but why's it happening when I click video files...

Yes I installed the latest drivers from the Nvidia site and it's still doing it. I swear it didn't do this just yesterday, and I haven't changed anything in the one day time frame. What the heck?

Ok the ONLY thing that has changed since yesterday is that it's a different monitor. I'm now using a 19 inch CRT ViewSonic that I had laying around. Something like this couldn't be caused by the monitor could it?? I don't have another one around to test anything...

It is the monitor. I tried another monitor and it worked fine. I tried to get drivers for the monitor but ViewSonic didn't have any for the PF790... What the heck should I do?

Back