• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Total overclocking noob - Did I do good?

Kongar

Gawd
Joined
Oct 25, 2004
Messages
779
So this is my first attempt at an OC - would anyone be so kind as to look over my stuff and tell me if I screwed anything up? I think it's good to go, but you know - noob and all :D

Thanks!

Sparing you all the gory details, it passed an 11.5 hour P95 blended test, and 5 passes on the intel burn test. Intel i5 3570k @4.5 GHz, on an asus P8Z77-V pro motherboard. LLC set to 50%, Vcore at 1.25. It wouldn't even post at 1.2 vcore and below. BSOD and failed stress tests until I bumped it to 1.25 vcore. @1.25 it passed both tests with no errors - max temp 83C (ambient was hotter when running prime 95). This should be good to go right?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/507/p95stresstest11hrs.png/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/688/intelburntest.png/
 
And actually, now that I see it - it's worth noting that I left the power management features ON so it declocks down to 1600MHz when not under load. CPUz does show 4500MHZ and a multiplier of 45 when under load.

I originally did this because I couldn't find C3 and C5 on my motherboard (I know - fail). But since it seemed stable - I ended up leaving it as is. No sense wasting power and making heat if it's not needed. So it goes fast when I want, and slow when I'm just browsing - best of both worlds?
 
Back
Top