Total network encryption

DangerIsGo

2[H]4U
I have a D-Link DLG-4300 router and 2 comps behind the lan. What I'm basically looking for it this: total network encryption. Basically, at my school where I am now, I downloaded a wii bit too much from giganews and that caught telecomm's attention (876GB in a month is rather steep) so I stopped that (suspended my account ...ill let other people d/l for a bit) but I also have a DC++ server running on my linux box also on my subnet. Is there a way to encrypt everything I download AND encrypt the DC++ server so that telecomm doesnt know what it is thats running and what im downloading? Thanks.

Regardless of whether or not it is encrypted, they will still know how much bandwidth you use. I would suggest sticking to the terms of service you agreed to when the service was set up. And the answer to your question is probably no. There are things you can do to encrypt network traffic, but both ends must be "speaking the same language". That's not something that is going to be accomplished easily with anonymous client connections.

Basicaly what Morfius said, plus this is boarderline if not breaking the forum rules.

Q. How do I bypass/circumvent my school, work, or service provider's firewall/proxy/security?

You don't! Those types of devices are in place for a reason and if you choose to attempt to go around them you merely open yourself up to being expelled/fired.

Keep in mind that (a.) many people who frequent this forum are network administrators who's job it is to monitor and maintain the networks you guys use, and (b.) it opens the forum owners up to legal action should something illegal happen with help from this forum.

Should you have a truly legitimate reason for raw access to the web you must ask your network administrators for permission. Period.

Im not trying to bypass them. My friends use SSL encryption on certain things so if they use a lot of bandwidth, telecomm doesnt know what they are doing so they are in the clear (for the most part) if the stuff isnt what you would call legal. So only things with SSL on both sides can be fully encrypted?

Im not trying to bypass them. My friends use SSL encryption on certain things so if they use a lot of bandwidth, telecomm doesnt know what they are doing so they are in the clear (for the most part) if the stuff isnt what you would call legal. So only things with SSL on both sides can be fully encrypted?

Even if you encrypt the traffic to prevent you're telecom provider from seeing what you are sending and receiving, they will still know where it is heading and how much of it there is. So you would probably be contacted regarding excessive use.

Are there rules about getting service via a different Internet provider?

If you are on the school provided network you must abide by their regulations. End of story.

Simple answer... yes. Both sides need to be able to do SSL to encrypt the traffic. Take a look at Stunnel.

I use it encrypt my Giganews service with nzbperl. I just point nzbperl to localhost and Stunnel takes over from there.

But yes... don't try and bypass your school's services.

Simple answer... yes. Both sides need to be able to do SSL to encrypt the traffic. Take a look at Stunnel.

I use it encrypt my Giganews service with nzbperl. I just point nzbperl to localhost and Stunnel takes over from there.

But yes... don't try and bypass your school's services.

Exactly what I do, minus nzbperl, plus hellanzb (Linux).

Back