Total Chaos

JFav

n00b
Joined
Mar 28, 2005
Messages
18
When I turn the computer on, nothing appears on the screen, the hard drive doesn't spin, and the power switch doesn't turn off the computer, only on.

I tried two new different motherboards, obviously neither worked.
I tried another known working power supply and it didn't work
I sent back the same processor below and got a new one and it doesn't work.
I tried a Celeron Processor, & it booted.
I tried two video cards.

The current motherboard and processor are below:

MS9337C Series Matsonic ATX motherboard with SIS 648 Chipset
Pentium 4 Processor 2.40A GHz 533 FSB 1MB Cache
 
Hrmmm try your rams. That might be causing it. Also do a strip down test, which consists ONLY of Rams, Mobo, CPU, and Vid card.
 
I suggest you RMA your motherboard then. It might've been damaged or shorted during the installation process.
 
yea i always build on cardbaard outside the case before putting in case when i first learned how to build.
 
Back
Top