• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Toshiba X300

rkd29980

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 19, 2015
Messages
181
Anyone have any experience with these drives or know what makes them different from other Toshiba drives?
 
I think they are the same as the other 7200rpm 3.5" Toshiba drives (the PH3_00U models), except these have a 2-year warranty (instead of 3-year). I also think Toshiba is probably going to discontinue the others, and is moving to these X models. But that is all guesswork (except the warranty length). I have not seen any official information.
 
I actually bought my first x300 5tb last Thursday. Running smoothly in my server ever since. I didn't have any previous experience with Toshiba. Let's hope it stays this way.
 
According to the review on overclockers.ru, X300 is just another retail name for MD04ACAxxx series, while P300 is just another retail name for DT01ACAxxx series. The drives even still have the old model numbers (MD04/DT01) written on them. So they are exactly the same drives that were sold earlier under PH3_00U labels (which were also just retail names for MD04 and DT01 series).
 
According to the review on overclockers.ru, X300 is just another retail name for MD04ACAxxx series, while P300 is just another retail name for DT01ACAxxx series. The drives even still have the old model numbers (MD04/DT01) written on them. So they are exactly the same drives that were sold earlier under PH3_00U labels (which were also just retail names for MD04 and DT01 series).

interesting. IIRC isn't the M line potentially slightly better? I really hate the 2 year warranty....thats a really shotty warranty.
 
Back
Top