Toshiba Windows 7 Install Issue

trewyn15

Limp Gawd
Hello all, I just purchased a Toshiba Portege M780.

I replaced the hard drive with a 500GB Seagate drive and now I am trying to boot the install from a flash drive.

When I start up the laptop it shows the Toshiba display and then it goes to a page that displays:

Insert system disk in drive. Press any key when ready.

It continues to show this when I press a key. The drive is a mounted ISO file of Windows 7 64-bit. Not sure why I am having an issue.

Anyone have any ideas? Not 100% BIOS familiar so some info there may help.

Thanks

Follow the sticky at the top of this forum to create a working install disk. Sounds like you just copied the files to the USB drive but didn't run bootsect.

Got the install to work on my own, however I'm having driver issues. The wi-fi driver is the one I'm having the most trouble with.

That's the only on I'm worried about at this point.

It opens, I click 'Run'. It opens the Toshiba Archive Extractor, I hit start, it extracts, it shows up in the task bar as if it's running for a second and then it disappears.

Any ideas as to why this one may be happening?

What I suggest doing is installing 7-Zip, then right clicking the .exe (or whatever it is) and extracting the contents. Then go into Device Manager and click on the Wif-Fi adapter and choose to update driver and point to the folder you extracted.

Will do, I'm getting annoyed with bouncing my flash drive back and forth ahha

I'll have to do that if my current method isn't working.

Thanks

Alright, it was extracting the file to a random spot.

I'm posting from the laptop now so the internet is working well.

Now to hunt down all the other drivers lol

Thanks for the input guys, I think I have all the drivers installed..

now for the fun:

1146507_10151716502988551_1453957505_n.jpg

I also have no clue where the hell the original stick of RAM is... I'm guessing under my keyboard, but no logical way to remove that, or at least that I can tell by looking at it right now lol

That and dust behind the touch panel, I'll have to pull that tomorrow as well.

Back