Toshiba T135D-S1325 video issue

w4ffles

2[H]4U
Whenever I play HD videos on the laptop's display, everything is fine. However, when I hook it up to a LCD TV, the video will stutter (some videos more than others). I've tried x264 MKVs and XVID files and they all experience the same issue (I use mpc - home cinema). Lower quality/resolution videos play back smoothly, it's just the HD videos.

I can't tell if it's a driver issue since Toshiba's "latest" display driver update for this model was released a year ago. CPU usage never reaches the maximum according to task manager and the player shows the frame rate staying pretty constant at 24 with an occasional dip of no more than 0.5 fps. Setting the output to the TV only doesn't change anything and neither does ending explorer.exe to reduce resource usage. Setting the resolution to 1280x720 to eliminate scaling doesn't work either.

I've tried everything I can think of. Any suggestions or insight would be appreciated.

Specs if anyone's interested:
AMD Turion Neo X2 1.6GHz
4GB DDR2 800
ATI Radeon HD 3200
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
http://us.toshiba.com/computers/laptops/satellite/T100/T135D-S1325

I've thought about it, but when I select Toshiba as my OEM, the ATI website tells me that I need to get drivers from Toshiba or else I lose some functionality in the screen. Maybe I'll try it out just for the hell of it and reinstall the old drivers if something goes wrong.

Back