Toshiba Satellite broken touchscreen questions

I have a Toshiba Satellite C55t-A5287 that has a broken screen.

See the images

Now the glass on top is not cracked. From what I have read the glass on top is the actual touch screen correct?

Would replacing the LCD underneath solve this issue? Also the touch right now is screwy but I am assuming it is because the screen below is damaged? Looking from some help from anyone with more experience in the touchscreen laptop dept.

Thanks!

Touch screen works the same all the way around, well, sometimes, there are two different types of touchscreen

http://computer.howstuffworks.com/question716.htm

Commonly you have a glass layer with a smaller layer behind it that is electrically charged, and when you press on the screen, it makes contact between the two and that's how it knows where you are. The front glass may be fine, but the fine layer behind may be damaged.

Gotcha.... I took the screen apart and it appears that just the LCD is damaged so I have a replacement coming. We shall see how it works when its here.

Just an update that replacing the LCD solved the issue as the digitizer or top glass was not damaged. Laptop is back to new!

Back