Toshiba Satellite A215 Starts Up, No Display

speedy523

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey my sister came to me with her laptop which is a Toshiba Satellite A215 and when she presses the power the button the laptop starts up, but theres no screen, anyone know whats wrong?

well before i did anything, i started up the computer, like the lights all came on, but there was no screen. then i plugged it into a monitor using the vga port, and it worked. so the laptop is working but the built in display isnt working, but monitor out is. so does this mean the screen is defective, or it got disabled? should i call toshiba or where ever my sis got the laptop and see if they will repair?

well before i did anything, i started up the computer, like the lights all came on, but there was no screen. then i plugged it into a monitor using the vga port, and it worked. so the laptop is working but the built in display isnt working, but monitor out is. so does this mean the screen is defective, or it got disabled? should i call toshiba or where ever my sis got the laptop and see if they will repair?

With it connected to monitor right click the desk top and go to proprieties. Then settings and see if the settings look ok. Also you may need to switch from screen 1-2 or 2-1.. Oh what os?

Sid~:)

With it connected to monitor right click the desk top and go to proprieties. Then settings and see if the settings look ok. Also you may need to switch from screen 1-2 or 2-1.. Oh what os?

Sid~:)

ok, ill try that in a bit. also its running the vista 32 bit it came pre loaded with.

a215's will at least startup and post to the internal screen regardless of any bios and or OS settings. If you want to be sure, Function + F5 toggles between lcd and vga.

Back