Toshiba Satellite A105-S101 Touchpad Issues

Sedgie!

Weaksauce
A friend of mine is having some issues with a Toshiba's touchbad... can anyone help?

My girlfriend recently purchased a new Toshiba Satellite A105-S101, and she handed it over to me to clean up as far as all the default junk software that comes installed and optimize/update it so it'll run faster and such...

So I get to work uninstalling unnecessary software, updating windows, disabling startup items that she doesn't use, and installing other software that she needs.

I'm not sure exactly when, but after one of the restarts, the touchpad (by Synaptics) started behaving strangely. If you moved it around, it would rapidly right-click and if you left-clicked, nothing would even happen. The behavior was mostly sporadic, so I disabled it and plugged in a USB mouse and everything worked fine. So I thought I must have removed or disabled something that kept it working properly, so I got her restore disk and put everything back to the way it was shipped (the touchpad worked just fine after that) and started over, this time I didn't uninstall any Toshiba software (besides the registration utility) and I made sure not to disable anything that had to do with the Synaptics touchpad on windows startup (I Googled every process appearing in msconfig's startup items). Somewhere in the midst of my second attempt, it happened again. I decided to try some other things this time, like installing the latest drivers from Toshiba AND Synaptics, neither helped. I'm stumped.

Could it be a program or process that isn't so intuitive (in other words - you wouldn't think it would be related at all) that I might be uninstalling or disabling that is messing this thing up? A windows update perhaps? A program that I'm installing?

Any help would be -greatly- appreciated.

disabling startup items that she doesn't use
The Synaptics touchpad have startup software that is required to operate the touchpad correctly.
Look through what you disabled, I believe their software name is pretty straightforward. Trial and error I guess.

Back