• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Toshiba notebook hard disk diagnostic software?

Xeon22

Bad Trader
Joined
Jan 28, 2003
Messages
1,163
Hi,

I have a friend with an HP notebook in which the toshiba hard disk is having some problems, bad sectors I think. It says during bootup that it faled the smart test. I

I'm wanting to run a diagnostic software, but don't see that toshiba has such a thing like WD, IBM, ect for troubleshooting HDD problems.

Any help on what to use would be appreciated. I don't have much experience using diagnostic software that is not manufacturor specific.
 
Toshiba doesn't make their own diagnostics, I usually just use Hitachi's DFT for testing drives since it's thorough and works on any brand.
 
Back
Top