Toshiba 37" 1080P LCDtv $677 at LA/OC Fry's

Nice! Much rather have this than the Westy 37", especially for only $77 more.

Very nice TV, especially at this price.

Much better than the cheapo brands, right on the coat tails of Sharp/Samsung/Sony IMO.

That's nice but 37" and 1080P, I don't know its like driving your Ferrari in a school zone. I could not imagine having less than 47" for actual TV/DVD/Blu-ray viewing

That's nice but 37" and 1080P, I don't know its like driving your Ferrari in a school zone. I could not imagine having less than 47" for actual TV/DVD/Blu-ray viewing

Um, use it as a monitor........

I've watched movies on the 37" Toshy in 720p. It's a great TV. I can only imagine the 1080p being even better. For this price, OP, it's a very good deal. Would really make a great monitor, too.

As another said, it makes an INCREDIBLE computer display....I love my Westy....37", 1080p, at 3 feet away, is basically the same image as sitting 6-10 feet away watching a 47" 1080p display.

As has already been mentioned, DISTANCE is an important factor

Some may think a 37" is too big to have on their desk while others would think it is perfect for their situation and many would think it to be too small for a large room.

Just like many would think a 47" to be too large right in front of them and other would think it perfect for their setup and most could see it being too small for a large room

Can you imagine that?

I can tell you, I LOVE having a 37 as a desktop monitor....it is like having a complete entertainment center with pc combined. My display handles HD cable box output....Xbox 360....dvd player/vhs combo (I make vhs--->dvd)....and another computer hooked up and switch inputs as needed. Combined with my decent external speakers and nice pc/game rig it's simply a do-it-all setup.

I'll never go smaller than a 37" computer display, ever....:eek::D

I can tell you, I LOVE having a 37 as a desktop monitor....it is like having a complete entertainment center with pc combined. My display handles HD cable box output....Xbox 360....dvd player/vhs combo (I make vhs--->dvd)....and another computer hooked up and switch inputs as needed. Combined with my decent external speakers and nice pc/game rig it's simply a do-it-all setup.

I'll never go smaller than a 37" computer display, ever....:eek::D

It definitely spoils you. It's pretty bad when 24-28" displays seem small, lol...

That being said, I don't think I'd want anything larger unless I could sit a lot further away.

Back on topic...this Toshiba looks like a nice display. I'm sure it makes a nice TV, but I'd be hesitant to compare it with the Westy as a monitor without seeing it in person. My Sharp AQUOS was one heck of a TV but it was lacking as a monitor compared to the Westy. Just because something can receive a PC signal and display 1080p doesn't mean it's going to be on par with another device that can do the same.

Back