• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Torture testing!!!

Psience

n00b
Joined
Oct 6, 2006
Messages
49
Hi everyone, I have another thread going where I've been trying to eliminate a stubborn stability issue I've been having with this OC. I've tried running Prime, OCCT, memtest, gold memory, rhtdrbl and others. The system never errors, never crashes while running any of these. In fact, this system just completed a 20hr run of prime!

Anyways, I suspect my rebooting problem is caused by the PSU so I'm looking to expose whether its weak or not. I'm looking for stress testing advise on how to maximize power draw particularly from the storage and optical disk systems as well as 3D. Preferably at the same time.

I've tried running prime and rhtdrbl at the same time, but I've noticed that prime likes to stop using the CPU when another program is using it heavily.

So in short, tell me how to torture the hell outta this box!
 
Burn an ISO or something, then when it's done copy that iso from the DVD back to the HD... Run Prime and RTHDRIBL as well. RTHDRIBL will steal CPU cycles from Prime, so what you can do, is in the task manager, assign RTHDRIBL a "very low" priority level so it's equal to Prime... They should share more nicely.

All the while measuring voltages from various molex plugs using a cheap multimeter...

I'm assuming you have a single core computer, as you're only running 1 instance of prime?
 
Ok, I just changed the priority on rhtdrbl to the lowest setting and its still using 98% of my cpu
 
Well, there's really nothing else you can do then... Except put prime at a higher priority than RTH...
 
Hmm, that's kinda discouraging. I already tried bumping up primes priority to just under 'realtime' with no real change in CPU usage. I guess I'll have to try some other programs.

One other thing though: I'd really like a program that will keep the disk systems loaded for an extended period of time, similar to the way prime does with the CPU. Any suggestions?

Thank you much for answering my questions BTW, I appreciate it.
 
Try running ITAT and doing a workload test, it killed my new OC systems before I found a stable OC. It seems to be the only program to make my CPU load and temp skyrocket (up to 80c on a E660, OC to 3.4 on stock HSF).
 
Back
Top