Torrents

I use to us azureus, but now uTorrent. It is just as fast, but less resource hungry....

ive been ussing an out of date bitcomet i think i might try this utorrent tonight though just to check it out.

Retardo said:
ok i just switched to utorrent. need a little help and didnt want to make a new thread. i came from bittornado and it had options to use ports from XXXX-XXXX now in utorrent i only see one option called 'port used for incoming connections' and thats XXXX well i have a router firewall and i can foward ports XXXX-XXXX. so what should i fowrad my ports too if say the port used for incoming connections is 1234? 1234 - ???? is there a way i can tell that im not behind a firewall?

and is there anything else i can do to make it faster?

anybody?

The guys at Analog-X, makers of some of the most wicked evil cool and incredibly useful applications every written, pulled another rabbit out of their hat recently and jumped into the BitTorrent client game and released...

BitPump

From the main Analog-X page:

BitPump is basically a light weight, high performance BitTorrent download client. It supports many of the same features that other common clients do, such as multiple downloads at the same time, a single port for all transfer, etc. Unlike most of the others, you also can do some interesting things, such as switch between either a download manager type of GUI, or a dialog type of GUI (similar to the normal IE download dialog).

It's tiny, it uses hardly any noticeable resources, and it's pretty damned quick. Check it out when you get a chance.

bb

Retardo said:
I just use the same port, port forward that one port and never looked back.

Why do you need to use a group of ports? One port should just work fine...

HighwayAssassins said:
I just use the same port, port forward that one port and never looked back.

Why do you need to use a group of ports? One port should just work fine...

ohh i thot u had to had a range of ports. diddnt know you can just do one. thanks.

I used to use Azareus, but it kept on closing, so I switched to BitComet, and it's been working better for me.

Back