Toronto (ON) water cooling stores?

MrGuvernment

Fully [H]
Hey all, in toronto for a bit, and since bigfootcomputers is gone, where can i buyin store water cooling goodies in the GTA area?

Uhm, come over to my place :D.

Bahaha, no... there's not much around town, unfortunately.

In Canada, without Bigfoot Computers, only NCIX and his sister company DirectCanada sell WC stuff :(

that realyl sucks, bigfoot had so much good stuff, anyone know why they closed.

Wow, they closed?

I know they moved a few times (I remember when their shop was on Dundas near Runnymede was it? Small little place). They were pricey but they generally has all the goods. Was close for me when I lived in Toronto.

:(

as far as i know, their website is gone and any forums i read on says they closed :(

They closed down last year... sux

Infonec and Canada Computers may have some of the stuff you are looking for, but are really incomplete when it comes to full enthusiast solutions.

I just pieced together most of my WC setup from Direct Computers Canada. They had decent prices too (i dont like to ship across the border... too many hassles)

They closed down last year... sux

Infonec and Canada Computers may have some of the stuff you are looking for, but are really incomplete when it comes to full enthusiast solutions.

Yea I haven't really been into full-fledged overclocking gear over the last two years (hurts the wallet) so I have been relying on Infonec (just a few blocks away from here in Mississauga) and Canada Computers which is a few minutes drive thereof. Infonec is generally speaking really good with the prices and Canada Computers has a slightly larger inventory.

Bottom line, though, is that I have not seen too much in the WC department from either. Hopefully they will pick it up but for now, it's either order from the states or NCIX.

ya, i got a craving to do some WC , a nice case mod, but i guess i will have to risk ordering it and shipping it to CR, havent had problems, but whe your paying like $20 more shipping ona $60 water block, kinds of sucks ass

ya, i got a craving to do some WC , a nice case mod, but i guess i will have to risk ordering it and shipping it to CR, havent had problems, but whe your paying like $20 more shipping ona $60 water block, kinds of sucks ass

If you're ever in the Toronto area again, I can order something in for you no problem.

I was quite sad when they closed down last year. The little shop on dundas sold some pretty good stuff. Infonec would be your next best place. I personally don't enjoy shopping at CanadaComputers because I always felt they resold returned products. Even though thats illegal. But that was a few years ago.

Dude, I know how you feel. I just got rocked for $37.04 brokerage from UPS on a $49 order from Performance PC's in FLA. ON TOP of paying them $19 for shipping, which I thought wasnt bad.

I just ordered $600 worth of WC stuff from directcanada. Fast shipping, well packed, 10-20% less than NCIX too.

Why did I buy from the USA? Fan grilles! I cant get a decent fan grille up here. Geez.

I think jab tech ships over there... but you could easily get caught with the same shipping issues.

Don't use UPS and you might be safe. Some will ship and don't get charged at customs and others will, albeit with a reasonable amount.

latley i've been reading alot of bad reviews about direct canada's customer service, mind you NCIX phone service sucks nutz but atleast there ticket and forums work well.

I use direct canada for a price matching spot now lol.

i really wish pccanada.com would get some water cooling stuff, awsome, site, always first to have new items!

latley i've been reading alot of bad reviews about direct canada's customer service, mind you NCIX phone service sucks nutz but atleast there ticket and forums work well.

Yeah, had a bad experience with them and now, I get the DC prices with NCIX service using pricematch and I'm happy.

I just wanted to comment on my own post. NCIX just implented a new Call Back feature where you enter your phone number online and they all you back within 30min. I just treid it out and they called me in 13min and was able to answer my question very well.

I have to say I have absolutly no complaints with NCIX's customer service now lol.

I just wanted to comment on my own post. NCIX just implented a new Call Back feature where you enter your phone number online and they all you back within 30min. I just treid it out and they called me in 13min and was able to answer my question very well.

I have to say I have absolutly no complaints with NCIX's customer service now lol.

How do you price match NCIX with DC prices? is it instant or do you have to wait a couple days before the price match goes through?

How do you price match NCIX with DC prices? is it instant or do you have to wait a couple days before the price match goes through?

It's not instant. You have to put items, provide links to the same items on DC with the new price then complete the order (don't just let it sit on the cart). in the big majority of cases, it will be approved (easy since they both share the same inventory and same product codes).

Matter of fact, I did 2 PriceMatch on my last order 2 days ago. I saved 10$ by pricematching them with DC prices.

ya,t hey will tell you it takes 1-2 day for a pricematch, it only takes around 4 hours. I've saved $100 on my water cooling stuff by pricematching to DC and some other online stores lol.

Use redflagdeals.com to find good prices then price match at NCIX :D

Back