Torn between two processors

Vola

Limp Gawd
I'd love some advice from you fellow [H]'ers. I'm lookin to upgrade my system. I'm kinda torn between an Intel I875k unlocked multiplier and an i950 platform. I know it's easier to overclock an unlocked processor, but I get the sense that there's more flexibility in a 1366 platform. I guess on the most basic level, I'm wondering what the difference is between an 875k platform and an i950 platform would be. I'd love your input guys.

Yea this puts another kink in plans. I know SB is around the corner. One of my issues is that I need to RMA my S775 Gigabyte mainboard, and I don't want to wait 2-3weeks for a replacement. I'm a little impatient that way.:D

Yea this puts another kink in plans. I know SB is around the corner. One of my issues is that I need to RMA my S775 Gigabyte mainboard, and I don't want to wait 2-3weeks for a replacement. I'm a little impatient that way.:D

2500K will most likely be much better choice than either of those CPUs in OP - it will be IMO worth it to wait few weeks.

btw.: if you want replies from more users, it might be good to ask mod to move this thread to CPU subforum. ;)

Back