I'm looking for a motherboard recommendation, primarily. I need reliable SATA-III which will allow me to RAID0 120GB OCZ Vertex 3's for maximum performance from a read/write perspective, and allow me to SLI 2 580GTX's at 16x/16x.
Right now I'd really like to purchase a i7-3930K - is there any specific reason I should not?
Specs on the machine I'm upgrading from (which will turn into my "secondary" machine for quad-boxing games):
i7-970 @ 4.23ghz
12GB 2000mhz Mushkin (3x4GB)
180GB Vertex 2 Raid0
eVGA x58 Classified
I would like to know if the i7-3930k would yield significant results in high-end maxed out gaming situations, or if I'm better off sitting tight with my 970 setup and waiting for Intel's next processor lineup.
Thanks in advance!
Right now I'd really like to purchase a i7-3930K - is there any specific reason I should not?
Specs on the machine I'm upgrading from (which will turn into my "secondary" machine for quad-boxing games):
i7-970 @ 4.23ghz
12GB 2000mhz Mushkin (3x4GB)
180GB Vertex 2 Raid0
eVGA x58 Classified
I would like to know if the i7-3930k would yield significant results in high-end maxed out gaming situations, or if I'm better off sitting tight with my 970 setup and waiting for Intel's next processor lineup.
Thanks in advance!