Torchlight questions

ivandurago

[H]ard|Gawd
I have a few questions for those of you familiar with Torchlight:

1. How does the retirement system work? do I have to reach a certain level on my first character (100?) or just complete the storyline? Do I have have to have a character created beforehand to present benefits to, or will all my new characters have them?

2. How does the shared gear storage system work? Specifically, if I take all the gear I have found on my Vanquisher and place it on the lvl2 Alchemist I have, will I still be able to place retirement benefits on him?

I guess I am confused on how you can transfer gear between characters and what stipulations there are for placing retirement benefits on characters.

Btw - I think the game is a blast, and an absolute steal for $5! My first character, a Vanquisher, is about to hit lvl60 tonight :D

You just need to complete the storyline. When you retire, you create a new character, and get to choose to upgrade the benefits on one item, and the new character starts with a skill point bonus and a fame level bonus. More details on the limits to retirement benefits can be found here.

Anything you put in your shared stash will be available to all of your characters, present or future. They may have to wait until they meet the requirements for an item to use it, though.

Anything you put in a character's personal stash will only be available to that character; if you retire your character, all items in that character's personal stash, character inventory and pet inventory will be lost! To be precise, the only items that will survive from a retired character will be the items in the shared stash and the item chosen for retirement upgrade.

So if I create a Destroyer and pick up all the gear for him on my shared stash from my Vanquisher, will I be able to place the retirement benefits on him and his gear when I finish on my Vanquisher?

When you retire, you create the new character as a part of the process of retiring. The new character can be any class. To be clear: you create the new character after you retire the old character.

There is nothing stopping you from creating a mule character by creating a new character, moving all the old character's stuff into the shared stash and then into the new character's inventories, then retiring the old character, then moving the stuff back from the mule character into the new character. Just don't forget to leave the item you intend to heirloom (upgrade) on the old character before you retire it.

I really need to get kickin at this game

i really like it, especially after seeing how powerful Alchemists can be

I named mine Fullmetal

Cant wait to try out this retiring thing you guys are talking about, sounds like fun

When you retire, you create the new character as a part of the process of retiring. The new character can be any class. To be clear: you create the new character after you retire the old character.

There is nothing stopping you from creating a mule character by creating a new character, moving all the old character's stuff into the shared stash and then into the new character's inventories, then retiring the old character, then moving the stuff back from the mule character into the new character. Just don't forget to leave the item you intend to heirloom (upgrade) on the old character before you retire it.

Thanks a bunch, this is exactly what I was wondering about!

I should probably use my best necklace or ring to heirloom right? As gear is more class dependent? I probably should read more up on this, as I have read people also heirloom gems?

How does it affect heirlooming gear with gems attached? Does it affect both?

Back