Torchlight is available on Steam

This game seems like a mix of Diablo1, Diablo2, WoW, and Nox.

Nox was epic, glad to have game that reminds me of it a bit :)

Okay, this game has some kind of damage bug or something. I just died to a level 19 "fodder" creature solo with my hardcore level 24 archer that had full health. It killed me in one hit for 1100+ damage. That is just bullshit. At the most it should have hit me for 100.

For any of you thinking of playing hardcore, don't. You will eventually just randomly die.

Okay, this game has some kind of damage bug or something. I just died to a level 19 "fodder" creature solo with my hardcore level 24 archer that had full health. It killed me in one hit for 1100+ damage. That is just bullshit. At the most it should have hit me for 100.

For any of you thinking of playing hardcore, don't. You will eventually just randomly die.

You ain't Hardcore, punk.

But I know they are a brand new company, need to get the basic game out to the audience for some influx of cash to keep them afloat and help develop their big MMO a couple years down the pipeline, totally get that. Just would be cool if they can maybe rebox the game and sell it again next year with full CoOp support, and I would like them to have my cash for the extra hard work that entails.

Understand exactly what you mean. Like you I have no problem withy paying for a rebox with additional features. But the boards would be filled with people howling "Why didn't they put this in the first time around." Screw them.... I'll never buy from them again. They suck!!

I just finished the demo. I think I'm going to push back my purchase of Dragon Age so I can play this for a bit first.

Holy mackerel, I didn't know that there are guns in this game - in the demo, the chick picked up a gun! I love that! Shooting a gun is way more fun than melee combat.

I'm down for this now! That changes everything!

Hey, WTF?

I just bought the game off Steam and it didn't download anything at all - was the entire game already on my HD, because I had downloaded the demo?

Hey, WTF?

I just bought the game off Steam and it didn't download anything at all - was the entire game already on my HD, because I had downloaded the demo?

I think so. I downloaded the demo and noticed there was another line for Torchlight - Preload complete.

But I know they are a brand new company, need to get the basic game out to the audience for some influx of cash to keep them afloat and help develop their big MMO a couple years down the pipeline, totally get that. Just would be cool if they can maybe rebox the game and sell it again next year with full CoOp support, and I would like them to have my cash for the extra hard work that entails.

I remember hearing the mmo should be out in 12-18 months. Again, I'm not understanding your argument. This isn't the final product, its a portion of that. Why would they spend time developing something (p2p multiplayer) that wasn't going into their final product? Why not spend that time on the real thing?

Understand exactly what you mean. Like you I have no problem withy paying for a rebox with additional features. But the boards would be filled with people howling "Why didn't they put this in the first time around." Screw them.... I'll never buy from them again. They suck!!

I would be very happy if the retards complaining about the "lack" of multiplayer get pissed and never come back. Weeds out the community nicely. I'm even happier this game is single player only at the moment.

Finally stopped playing Borderlands and was able to play this for a couple of hours last night. I leveled an Alch to lvl 7, playing very hard mode. (I really want the game to be challenging no real reason to rush through the game since it single player only)

I haven't gotten far, but I really like the game. Although you really need to sit down and read the 100 page PDF manual that comes with the games to understand all the different and complex systems they have in the game.

So far the only thing I don't like about the game is the font! I just have a hard to reading it for some reason. A couple of other things is a lack of sprint or ability to reset skill point (without "cheating") But I guess these things are what make up a hardcore ARPG..

Here's a screenshot of my destroyer decked out in some spiky armor. :D

torchlight.gif

So far the only thing I don't like about the game is the font! I just have a hard to reading it for some reason. A couple of other things is a lack of sprint or ability to reset skill point (without "cheating") But I guess these things are what make up a hardcore ARPG..

Someone already modded the font with a pack similar to Diablo. You can read the thread here.

This is the example they show of the new font.
nd60xz.png

And mod for respeccing done by Runic Games is here

Someone already modded the font with a pack similar to Diablo. You can read the thread here.

This is the example they show of the new font.

And mod for respeccing done by Runic Games is here

Thanks! I don't mind the original font but that looks very good. :)

I would be very happy if the retards complaining about the "lack" of multiplayer get pissed and never come back. Weeds out the community nicely. I'm even happier this game is single player only at the moment.

What community? It's single player.

What community? It's single player.

The community who play the game... mostly over at the Runic games forums. There will most definitely be a community since the editor is being released for the modding community. There's that word, community ;)

just reached my 3rd waypoint and am on dungeon lvl 17 and made a dual wield destroyer @ lvl 22. i'd love to get my hands on that dracula's the house of pain mace! as for my pet he's pure dps cat. i have retribution II spell, healing III, sumthing overload I (wish i could find an upgrade to this), and the spell to identify items.

jumping back in now. playing this in parallel with Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII. i'm 1/2 thru both games. that is if there's 35 dungeon lvls to this game and that's the case from what i've read. don't plan on any replay of this. not enough going on for it for that. for me Titan Quest > Torchlight.

****SPOILER ALERT****

I just beat Ordrack on Level 35. Syl appears and says that there are more chambers to explore and more conflicts to fight, but once I got back to town, she simply thanks me for saving Torchlight. Nothing more about additional chambers or more fights. Another chick appears who offers to retire my character and pass on an heirloom to another character. Is that it? If so, then I probably won't continue. My baddest weapon was a sweet axe with all kinds of enchantments and a total of 475 damage. One thing I really liked about the game was that you could give unlimited enchantments to items. Diablo 1 and 2 limited you to just one per item.

Last edited:
Wolf, once you beat the game you can play the infinite dungeon, which lives up to its name.

Technically you are finished with the story. You should now have access to the bottomless dungeon though.

As far as retiring your character, I believe you lose everything that isn't in shared stash except the one item you pass down. By passing it down, it is supposed to slightly increase stats while also decreasing the requirements so the more times you pass down an item the more powerful it becomes.

Also with enchantments there is always the chance all enchantments will be wiped so while it is unlimited, it is also possible to turn the unique into a white piece.

Infinite Dungeon? Sounds interesting. Where is it located? I found this Shadow Vault outside of a house where the female character sends you on assassination missions.

dungeon lvl 25 and character lvl 29. guess i'm almost done then. i do 500-1000 melee dmg with 200-400 elemental dmg on top of that. nothing is enchanted.

I played the demo of this today, it was way fun. I think I'll pick it up, great game for travelling/when my internet goes out :)

How many hours does this game have?

Considering the level cap is 100, you can buy maps that will send you to random dungeons, and after you beat the game you can go into the infinite dungeon - I'd say this game has many, many hours. I think it's likely you could put 100 hours+ into this game.

Last edited:
I don't remember where i got it, but yea it was a drop off a normal mob somewhere around floor 7-10.

torchlight is by far the best pc game i have played in many many years. if all developers respected the pc market like this consoles would be an afterthought.

Infinite Dungeon? Sounds interesting. Where is it located? I found this Shadow Vault outside of a house where the female character sends you on assassination missions.

That is the infinite dungeon, there in the graveyard area.

110109143956.jpg

Yeah.... It's been through many enchantments.

Last edited:
beat Torchlight

took me 13.5 hours.
had about 1/2 my gear gemmed and never enchanted anything or any transmutes.

Xavier: Dual Wield Destroyer

character lvl 43
fame lvl 27
hp: 3100
mana: 230
strength: 149 (1079-2157)
dex: 4 (0-0)
magic: 5 (445-890)
def: 140 (552-1104)

resist:
poison: 293
lightning: 152
fire: 281
ice: 288

spec:

berserker:
slash attack: 1/10
dual wielding: 10/10
adventurer: 10/10
critical strikes: 8/10

titan:
titan stomp: 10/10
martial weapons expertise: 10/10

spectra:
armor expertise: 10/10
pet mastery: 10/10

character spells:
identify item
retribution iv
elemental overload vi
heal all vi

pet:
Scratch: dps cat
hp: 3385
mana: 235
melee dmg: 823-1645
elemental dmg: 0-0
ranged dmg: 0-0
armor mitigation: 478-956

pet spells:
frost vi
dervish v

Last edited:

Did you do many of the random maps you can buy from shop keeper?

TBH, I'm not too concerned about the length of the main campaign since it has an unlimited dungeon too.

For me, games like Torchlight are about the journey, not the destination :p I foresee many hours disappearing into TL!

i played it on normal mode and did every quest that was available to me even the bought maps from the vender.

my spec was fun. my pet would freeze a crowd of mobs then i'd run in there and titan stomp. EVERYTHING died. rinse & repeat.

On the torchlight forums there is a mod for the epic maps that increases the number of monsters if you are looking for more of a challenge.

Back