Torchlight II question

Dark Prodigy

Jawbreaker
Playing through Torchlight II again with the Embermage (first play through was with the Outlander), and I noticed something....

Is it me or is the very first skill tree spell - the default spell Magma Spear - the most powerful skill in the game for the Embermage?? I have built the Magma Spear to Tier III and concentrating on Focus attribute and I'm pretty much unstoppable.... as I've been throughout the game with it.... tried the upper level spells when I had spare points and none seem to measure up in range or shear offensive power.

When did default spells in any game get so powerful? Default or first level skills in games used to suck. You didn't feel as though you had a powerful character until much later in the game. Maybe I'm just an old man now...

You are stretching my memory a little as I've been out of it for a while, but I think you might be right. I used Magma Spear too an awful lot. On one character, I filled out the ice tree though, just to be different, and it worked too. But it wasn't quite as easy. I'm on Borderlands 2 now though so not sure when, if ever, I get back to Torchlight. ;)

Back