Torchlight for $5 but better yet - Titan Quests for $10 on Steam

Archaea

[H]F Junkie
Torchlight is a good deal at $5.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/41500/

But I much prefer the Titan Quest + Expansion in the Gold pack for $10!

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/402/

Titan Quest is Epic, addicting, and holds MUCH more depth. For $10 on steam - if you like Diablo type games and haven't played it - PICK IT UP!

I played probably a couple hundred hours in Titan Quest + expansion before I got bored, compared to about 20 hours in Torchlight.

Buy both if you want, but if you can only buy one - go with Titan Quest for sure!

Torchlight is a good deal at $5.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/41500/

But I much prefer the Titan Quest + Expansion in the Gold pack for $10!

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/402/

Titan Quest is Epic, addicting, and holds MUCH more depth. For $10 on steam - if you like Diablo type games and haven't played it - PICK IT UP!

I played probably a couple hundred hours in Titan Quest + expansion before I got bored, compared to about 20 hours in Torchlight.

Buy both if you want, but if you can only buy one - go with Titan Quest for sure!

I say.

WHY CHOOSE?

I bought Torchlight when it was $10, and Titan Quest+expansions for $20. They are both easily worth double what I paid, which is already double what you'd pay.

They are definitely my favorite two diablo clones. And for those prices, no one should be passing either of them up. Picked up Titan Quest back when the same deal was going on November of last year, and I even pre-ordered Torchlight. Haven't regretted either purchase.

Totally agree that Titan Quest is the much deeper game though, seeing as how there are 45 different character builds you can make.

I bought TQ for 50 bucks years ago and I still play it now and again to this day. YEARS of fun with this one!

Its pretty lame that a 50% off game turned into a 75% off game. I bought 3 fucking copies yesterday and got 3 new people introduced to Steam, I'm going to see if I can get a refund. If they want to do daily deals, fine, but jesus christ, don't bait us into buying it a few days before it goes from $10 to $5.

Its pretty lame that a 50% off game turned into a 75% off game. I bought 3 fucking copies yesterday and got 3 new people introduced to Steam, I'm going to see if I can get a refund. If they want to do daily deals, fine, but jesus christ, don't bait us into buying it a few days before it goes from $10 to $5.

Agreed. I had a feeling they were going to possibly do this, on that note, I'm hoping they do this on a couple of other games already sale priced, double-dip-sale. I'm holding out till the last day to see what happens.

Eh, you can't please everybody.

I understand the frustration, but at the same time you gifted three Christmas presents for a measly $15 extra bucks. There are a ton of after-Christmas sales today but the tree would have been bare if everyone was only trying to scrimp and save on gifts.

damn it i just got torchlight for $10 2-day ago. wonder if i can get a partial refund.

Really guys? Complaining about $5 on a game that was already worth way more than you paid for it? Really? That's just greedy now.

If you buy a game in a store, and the next month it's on sale, do you go to the store and ask for the difference? How is it the store's fault, or in this case Steam's, that you bought it when it was more expensive because you can't see into the future?

Re: TQ, I liked it originally and then encountered the bug where a blue screen crash deleted my character, and I stopped playing it for a long time. As far as I know, this was never patched, but I've since started using TQVault to back it up. Between it and Torchlight I've discovered how fun ranged characters can be.

Agree with the above, I got it at $10 and am perfectly satisfied. People last week paid $20, oh well.

Agree with the above, I got it at $10 and am perfectly satisfied. People last week paid $20, oh well.

Agreed. I got it at $10. It's dominated the majority of my (admittedly slimming) play time. In a perfect world, sure, I'd get it at $5. But oh well.

Having said that, I'm holding off on my massive buy until the 3rd. No need to get burned if something goes on a massive daily deal between now and then.

If you buy a game in a store, and the next month it's on sale, do you go to the store and ask for the difference?

Actually, yes I do that since most stores price match for 30 days. Never asked Steam to pricematch though since its not in their policy like it is with the stores.

If you buy a game in a store, and the next month it's on sale, do you go to the store and ask for the difference? How is it the store's fault, or in this case Steam's, that you bought it when it was more expensive because you can't see into the future?

Re: TQ, I liked it originally and then encountered the bug where a blue screen crash deleted my character, and I stopped playing it for a long time. As far as I know, this was never patched, but I've since started using TQVault to back it up. Between it and Torchlight I've discovered how fun ranged characters can be.
Except it wasn't next month, it was days for those affected. Many chains have a price adjustment policy.

I know this argument will be used over and over in this thread and in reality its a poor one.

http://blogs.wsj.com/holidaysales/2008/11/19/shopping-holiday-sales-keep-your-receipts/

It is Steams prerogative to do as they please. But their customers, imho, have a right to be ticked at them and weigh that in future business dealings.

I've played a lot of both, and I just want to state for the record, Torchlight > Titan Quest.

Just one man's opinion.

I played Titan Quest when it first came out, and while it was a good addicting game, eventually there comes a point where you are just running through the level spamming your abilities to kill everything in your way without stopping. Idk if that's the case with any other game like that though.

Actually, yes I do that since most stores price match for 30 days. Never asked Steam to pricematch though since its not in their policy like it is with the stores.

Usually this does not apply to special sales such as Black Friday and after Christmas sales.

i bought torchlight, but it got boring. items and items and items.

i enabled cheats and dicked around and then gave up out of boredom 2 days later.

pretty graphics though.

I sent them an email, nonetheless. They drop it just a few days after buying it. I was really nice in the email, and I'm hoping they can do something. $5 credit towards a new game would be outstanding. I'm probably going to spend more money with Steam. This would just make it happen sooner, or perhaps more often! Seems like they have good support. We'll see what happens. I mentioned that most B&M stores do honor sale prices, usually within a 30 day window. I know BBY has a 30 day low price guarantee on everything except product that has a 14 day return policy, and they'll match that stuff it if drops in 14 days, regardless of the increased overhead required for price adjusting after the fact. An online store doesn't have near that much overhead, so I would hope they would be willing to help the customers out. If a game dropped in a month or more, big deal. But just a couple days??? That is not quite as easy to stomach. And I have gone back to stores before, and they've always been willing to price adjust if I was within the return policy. Even if it was open software or media that I couldn't return, they would still do the price match.

Fun game... building stats and getting better gear. Same old formula but fun, and nice graphics. Boss fights are pretty cool. WoW is more addicting because of the population of actual people online, much like forums and chat rooms can be :p I still find this game addicting though, and I'm able to pause it or quit it whenever I want unlike the team sport WoW raiding is.

If you like this kind of game, you'll like this kind of game .. I personally don't understand people who enable cheats.. thats one way to get tired of a game very easily. I bought a chess game with all queens on my side too, and they are un takeable. :rolleyes: Not comparing these game's to chess really but you get my point. hehe...

I couldn't help but buy both. What a steal! I wonder if I'll ever actually play through all of the Steam games I've downloaded with these kinds of deals...

We'll see what happens. I mentioned that most B&M stores do honor sale prices, usually within a 30 day window. I know BBY has a 30 day low price guarantee on everything except product that has a 14 day return policy, and they'll match that stuff it if drops in 14 days, regardless of the increased overhead required for price adjusting after the fact.

I'm sure they are aware that Best Buy has a price match guarantee (unless they all live in India or something and know nothing of the United States).

And most regular stores do not have a price match guarantee. They are aware of that also.

I picked up the Orange box as a gift four hours before the sale. What they did for me was cancel the order and let me redo it with the holiday pricing. They sent a message reminding me to act fast, so I got the now discounted price.

As for the game. I liked Titan Quest. It had a nice length of gameplay. Maps are static, so you play it once, you will see the same area again. Well worth the $10 or so. (I picked it up last time it was on sale) Also picked Torchlight. More laptop/airport goodness.

I understand the frustration, but at the same time you gifted three Christmas presents for a measly $15 extra bucks. There are a ton of after-Christmas sales today but the tree would have been bare if everyone was only trying to scrimp and save on gifts.

I gifted them for $10 each, so that's $30. You are also assuming these are the only games I sent them to get them started on Steam.

As stated by other users, retail stores would do the price adjustment, within 30 days of purchase if the price is lowered. I think it's in poor taste to burn the users that jump in and spend $100+ on new games when the Holiday sale stats, not realizing those games are going to be discounted further. I'm now waiting until the last day to make my non-daily deal purchases.

When you play titan quest gold make sure you play at least one time through on the second difficulty (after you unlock it) New bosses are introduced in several areas that are suspicously clear on the normal difficulty. Each difficulty has new items and bosses - very cool IMO.

Picked up both. Played Titans Quest for about 4 hours yesterday. Its fun.

Install the community patch for TQ since it fixes a ton of bugs and various fixes.

Also, Lilith mod is actually better than the vanilla game. I really enjoyed TQ, but Lilith has humongous dungeons! You'll sink hundreds of hours into TQ if you play through it on all difficulty levels and then hundreds more hours in Lilith :)

They could always just sell it at $19.99 a pop. They don't owe you any discount on a game.

You guys need to stop whining. I bought SF4 for $40, then it went on sale for $20 two days later. Big deal. I bought it with the full knowledge that I was receiving SF4 in exchange for $40. Makes sense. The fact it went on sale just means people who got it then got a different exchange. I could've waited, and look at it this way, you got to play a game 2 days before anyone else did who bought it at $20.

That's what you paid full price for ($10, wow), early access when YOU wanted it. No one forced your hand. If you want it, you pay for it, and you get it, done deal. No complaining, work a 2nd job you scalawags.

Install the community patch for TQ since it fixes a ton of bugs and various fixes.

Also, Lilith mod is actually better than the vanilla game. I really enjoyed TQ, but Lilith has humongous dungeons! You'll sink hundreds of hours into TQ if you play through it on all difficulty levels and then hundreds more hours in Lilith :)

Any link for both?

I'm sure they are aware that Best Buy has a price match guarantee (unless they all live in India or something and know nothing of the United States).

And most regular stores do not have a price match guarantee. They are aware of that also.

This is a price adjustment policy, not price match which involves matching other stores.

Walmart is the only large chain that doesn't have a price adjustment policy.

Most stores do have one if they have a decent return policy, otherwise people would just abuse the return policy to get the price adjustment.

Back