Topping D10 Headphone DAC - $18.87 eBay

I took a chance too. Been trying to decide between Topping D10, DX3 Pro and Schiit Modi 3 for months.

Had no problem getting my money back for a Bose headphone scam on EBay, so mind finally made up!

Even if it turns out to be a scam, thank you kind internet stranger for the heads up!!!

I took a chance too. Been trying to decide between Topping D10, DX3 Pro and Schiit Modi 3 for months.

Had no problem getting my money back for a Bose headphone scam on EBay, so mind finally made up!

Even if it turns out to be a scam, thank you kind internet stranger for the heads up!!!

Same here I was looking at the modi3 or d10/d30 to accompany my magni3!

Same here I was looking at the modi3 or d10/d30 to accompany my magni3!

Yeah, they all measure really well for the price. The Khadas tone board and a case from France looked like a great option too.

All I know is my old 13' Macbook Pro sounds far better on its 3.5mm out than my iPhone 6 SE or my Maximus Ranger VIII (which, to my surprise, actually has an onboard ESS ES9023P DAC) and I don't want to be tied to the Macbook as the source all the time.

To my ears, my old 90s Sony CD player with its 2.0Volt output sounds the best, so best case scenario is a new 2VRMs DAC will give it a run for its money.

I bought a Topping TP30 with coaxial spdif input. That input failed in about a year. Apparently this coaxial input was known to have a large failure rate.

Not interested in buying another Topping for long-term use.

JDS Labs ftw. Measures fantastic with no audible faults and has amazing service in an industry full of frauds.

Some really neat chi-fi out there but build quality and service are questionable.

Still at $20 it's worth the gamble if u need an extra dac.

Back