Top Tech Devices From 2016

HardOCP News

[H] News
The folks at Hardware Secrets have posted a short list of the Top Tech Devices from 2016. What tech items do you think were the best of 2016?

High tech products just keep getting better and better. This year was an especially wonderful year for impressive devices of all different types. So here are just a few of the most popular tech devices from 2016. Smartphones, very popular tech devices, reached a peak this year with three different manufacturer’s offering their best phones ever.

Not very impressed with the list.

I mean top 3 are phones... oooh wow, the latest and greatest phone is great... until the next version comes out. Honestly not that huge of a deal.
4k TVs, eh... I'm torn, because you can get them relatively cheap, but is there enough content out there to justify even a slightly higher premium in price over 1080p sets? If you primarily watch OTA/Cable/Satellite then hell no, Cable and Satellite "HD" still mostly comprises of 720p channels and not even 1080p. And I'm still not sold on upscaling.
Voice assistants... eh... makes for a good 'cyber' story line though
Bluetooth speakers, yeah sure that's nice but for a "top tech devices" seems kind of I dunno, a disappoint for the whole year.

If that was the top devices from 2016, then we're going nowhere.

Phones are going through the stages that computers did in the 90's/2000's. They are obsolete before they even release.

4k TV's are just affordable now. That's it.

Bluetooth speakers. You have got to be kidding. What a technological wasteland.

Crappy list phones, TVs, assistants, Bluetooth speakers, major year for VR headsets and no mention guy should be fired......

Nothing great happened in 2016 in tech. Plenty of hype but underneath it all there was nothing good.

trying to put the brain cells that survived last night into action by going to your sight and am surprised you guys are working today.

P.S. don’t like having re-log with an email monthly

P.P.S. happy new year guys!

Back