Top of the line case choice: Lian Li, Silverstone

RanceJustice

Supreme [H]ardness
Hello everyone. I've been thinking ahead to my new build and choosing a chassis for it. Trying to get performance out of my mATX based SGO1 just isn't working too well for me. I'm afraid that the next generations of graphics cards won't even fit (G200 Nvidia etc)

With that in mind I've been looking at the following cases

Lian Li - Armorsuit (Full or Mid tower variants). This looks to be an awesome enthusiast case with plenty of features, including inlets and outlets for watercooling loops. Can anyone attest to its quality? Is there any reason (aside from size) to get the full tower versus the mid tower? http://www.lian-li.com/v2/en/product/product04.php?cl_index=1&sc_index=26&ss_index=67

Silverstone - TJ10 ESA. http://www.silverstonetek.com/products/p_contents.php?pno=tj10-esa&area=usa I've always liked silverstone cases and I think this is the new flagship, on par with the TJ07. ESA stuff seems like it could be useful.

So, what do you think?

Why do you want to go from small to a beast? I'm in the same position, as I'm using a Shuttle and now going to build with a Lian-Li PC-A05B. Small case, but fits a full ATX and larger video cards.

I've had great experience with Lian-Li cases (most recently, a PC-V1100 Plus) and would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone.

Also, a mid-tower will be plenty big unless you want to go crazy with peripherals.

Armoursuit P60 or its more subtle cousin, the A17.
There's the A77as well, if you want the extra space.

I've owned both Silverstone and LianLi cases, and while they both look nice I've found Lian Li has an edge in terms of quality- they're a little sturdier, a little easier to work in and tuck cables, and just a little nicer in terms of alignment and finish in front panels.

Right now I'm leaning towards the Armorsuit. If the Armorsuit is based on the A series A17, is there any reason I should be worried - For some reason I heard that A series chassis were inferior to V series?

Of the 2 brands Ive only used LL and have been impressed with the quality. I think the Armorsuit is a bit ugly though :(

The Silverstone has a cleaner bezel but the side seems like overkill.

im boring i love my lian li V1000b with side window lol, the only silverstone case i like is the TJ07, otherwise its lian li all the way for me

I have the P80 Armorsuit and I love it. More space than a cadillac, and it will house all of your upgrades as well I have an internal WC setup and I am buying a 120.3 which will fit in the bottom and still doesent touch my third vid card. I cannot attest to the Silverstone but I have not heard anything negative about their cases, and I almost bought one before I decided on this one. Either way I think you will be happy.

both case are good and have high quality. For silverstone i would rather go for TJ07 and for lianli, v2000, v2100, and PC-A77 are the best :).

I have the P80 Armorsuit and I love it. More space than a cadillac, and it will house all of your upgrades as well I have an internal WC setup and I am buying a 120.3 which will fit in the bottom and still doesent touch my third vid card. I cannot attest to the Silverstone but I have not heard anything negative about their cases, and I almost bought one before I decided on this one. Either way I think you will be happy.

any pics

i think you mean 'all the way'. in my opinion, i like the silverstone better, though i don't/haven't own any of those. i think it's more aesthetically pleasing.

I've owned both brands, and while the silverstone is a very high quality case, I find the LL slightly better in terms of ease of working and build quality. My personal preference is for something simple and elegant, hence the V series. It is simply the most easy to work with, and yet understated but beautiful case I have ever owned. Think about what you want to put in the case and future upgrades. However, in the Lian Li case, I think the armorsuit looks a bit too much.

Back