Top Gun 2 Will Be About Drones

HardOCP News

[H] News
Sure, taking an 80's hit movie, bringing back it's original star and throwing technology all over the place might work, but hasn't the "pilot competes against drones and wins" storyline been done to death already?

The long-mooted sequel to 80s blockbuster Top Gun will explore the culture clash between old school aviation and the new generation of unmanned drones, according to the film’s producer. Cruise confirmed his enduring interest last year, telling Sky News: “If we can get over some stumbling blocks it will be fun to do.”

sooooo...
1) drones run amok
2) need to find pilots who are capable of dogfighting
3) go to local beach to find iceman and maverick playing volleyball
4) they go and show the current pilots how its done

Top Gun was awful... Do we really want another?

kpBvLx7.gif

Top gun 2. The top gunniest!

Maverick will must defeat his toughest opponent yet, him self as a drone! Ice man returns as his chubby sidekick.

Maybe this film will kill off Tom Cruise's career permanently so I can stop hearing about what crazy thing he is doing next.

Maybe this film will kill off Tom Cruise's career permanently so I can stop hearing about what crazy thing he is doing next.

As crazy as his personal life might be, I can't fault him for his acting. He is a dedicated employee. Some of the movies are bad from an over all perspective, but him as an actor is usually spot on.

Is Tom Cruz and his scientology dementia going to portray him as a ageless guy addicted to people who look like Katie Homles also be included?

Goose is cloned, the experiment fails but in the last moment he achieves singularity and his mind is uploaded into a drone.

He blames Mav for being so reckless and goes berzerk.

GooeseDrone then manages to absorb Ice Man and Jesper minds when he realizes he was never a fighter pilot in the first place.

I'd love to see a new Top Gun. Not sure about the drone thing, though.

I'd still watch it hoping for another volleyball scene.

Top Gun/Terminator crossover?

Top Gun Terminator: Iceman and John Connor join forces to fight the terminators in both the land and air.

Bring in Battleship for the sequel for full spectrum warfare. You're welcome Hollywood.

Regardless if you thought it was awful or not, it is nearly 30 years old, do we really need sequels based on 30 year old movies?

It really depends on the source film and the direction they take the sequel. If a story felt unfinished, perhaps a sequel could work. Top Gun was such an 80s movie that I don't think they can pull off a sequel that will make any of its fans happy - which are likely the only people that would go to see the sequel.

Goose is cloned, the experiment fails but in the last moment he achieves singularity and his mind is uploaded into a drone.

He blames Mav for being so reckless and goes berzerk.

GooeseDrone then manages to absorb Ice Man and Jesper minds when he realizes he was never a fighter pilot in the first place.
I would watch that.

The only justification I have ever had for Top Gun existing is because it gave us Hot Shots.

Also, there is only one Hot Shots.

Does this then mean that Charlie Sheen can come off his coke rocketship for five minutes to make Hot Shots Part Trois?

Eh this is normal these days -- they can't come up with original ideas, so they flip through their history books and say "hey! let's make another one of these!"

Ride the coat tails of the original's success who cares if it's any good because by the time people realize it, they already have all the money they wanted to make.

Child of the 80's here -- already saw lots of classics get butchered.. Robocop, Judge Dredd, Transformers, ninja turtles, just to name a few.

Back