top case fans suck or blow?

What i think its you really need to make more exhaustive test.. a 10min test its not enough to test any configuration specially on that room temp, where take a LOT of time to the components to get hot... you wanna test pretty nice? make some couple hours of gaming, at least 3 hours of p95 Blend (27.9version). or Aida 64 on full System Stability Test that stress CPU, FPU, Cache, Hard drives, RAM and GPU.. and not in insane amounts... more or less what a heavy game (like Crysis 3, BF3) do..

Yeah, youre right. I never claimed I was doing a scientific test worthy of publication. :D

This was just when I first got my H100 and was excited to slap it in there but wanted to find out which way worked best.

At the end of the day, I think theyll all work pretty well. If there was a definite "right" way and was clearly demonstrable, everybody would do it. I think as long as you have a high quality cooler and good case cooling, the differences will be pretty small and insignificant. There seem to be as many dudes out there running intake like I am as there are dudes running exhaust and we all seem to get pretty good temps. So the verdict would be to buy good quality cooling components and itll work pretty well. ;)

Corsair's H100i instructions say to mount the fans as intake. That's good enough for me.

Back