• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Top - case fan

godsfshrmn

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 15, 2005
Messages
200
Have you guys seen a good reduction in temps when you added a fan to the top of your case? My 3500+ OC to 2.5ghz (2.2 stock) runs at 41C under load. I'm not sure how well that is because i cant find any relative processors.

I can't really compare my 7800GT because my PSU is a POS, and was not feeding it enough power, so I plugedd another mollex into the splitter, and fried it. I ordered a new Antec PSU and I am assuming my GPU temps will go up. My laptop with a 64mb ati mobile card runs smoother than the 7800gt, so that tells you something is clearly messed up. The PSU's auto fan speed always ran wide open, so it was pushed to its limits and the air output was pretty warm under load.

For cooling, I have a vantec 120mm fan in the rear, and two mascool 80mm fans in the front. My CPU has a thermaltake big typhoon heatsink/fan. I removed the fan grilles and that greatly reduced the noise and saw a nice improvement in the amount of air moved. My case is a Cooler Master Centurion.

Just wondering if it would be worth it to make a hole in the top for some better cooling.
 
41*c full load for a 3500+ A64 is very nice you have nothing to worry about. Most people are very very happy to never go over 50*c. I myself am happy if i dont go over 63*c on a 2800+ A64 as im not as anal
 
i wouldnt worry about it or go thru the trouble, your system is already running cool and i doubt the antec psu is gonna make it run warmer
 
I like to see load temps less than 50c, but in hot south texas, during summer, as long as I stay under 60c, I am happy. My particular chip is tmax rated at 67c...and I have ran it at 65c with no issues (stock cooler, overclocked) for a few hours in stability torture testing....but I did not like to do that :p *poor chip*

41c is practically air conditioned :cool:
 
Back
Top