Top 20 PPD rank is tough competition

sheesh

back over 100k and back into the top 20. that feels good.

2K difference...man, I wish you were still running today MIBW. I'l have a little more in me today than I thought, so it would have been extremely close.

yeah I love a close race, it was fun.:cool: As I said I think I might have just held on today, but by tomorrow the 6701s etc would have caught up with me and you should have gone past.

But the blackout seems to have done something weird to SR2#1 - didn't boot up - the hex readout was blank. :( Second boot seem to be normal, but as Sunday is a family day I haven't time to test for sure. :(

EDIT: omg - I might have beaten bwm if I had nothing but bigadv - they are still cherry picking units! http://www.evga.com/forums/fb.ashx?m=656218

Last edited:
You know, if I only ran bigadv with this "sophisticated script that chooses which work units to run", I would out-produce bwm's "fine tuned for ONLY bigadv work units" machines by a significant amount...I actually may end out-producing them anyway...

reading EVGA's forums is like listening to a conversation with my hands over my ears. It looks like their mods have (again) deleted all the good conversation because there is very little information in that thread linked above.

Their mods must be busy people.

Yep, deleted posts again. The two quotes from my last post are from a bwm post that was deleted from that thread.

I wonder how they are staying above the completion percentage for bonus points if they are dumping so many work units.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Pande Group really needs to implement some kind of system that deals with people who dump units.

I think that's part of the theory behind the bonus system. It appears it needs improvement.

I wonder how they are staying above the completion percentage for bonus points if they are dumping so many work units.

They have a running script that checks the IP address of the assignment server the FAH client connects to. If the client is not assigned to the "right" server for bigadv, the script kills the client and restarts it. That way, they never get a non-bigadv assigned to them. So, they don't actually "dump" units, they just never get the non-bigadv to begin with. It is actually a pretty slick system, and I doubt it technically violates any rules.

They have a running script that checks the IP address of the assignment server the FAH client connects to. If the client is not assigned to the "right" server for bigadv, the script kills the client and restarts it. That way, they never get a non-bigadv assigned to them. So, they don't actually "dump" units, they just never get the non-bigadv to begin with. It is actually a pretty slick system, and I doubt it technically violates any rules.
That's pretty dirty. They're basically stealing -bigadv units right out from under everyone else. While it's kind of good that they aren't actually deleting units, they are also completely abusing the assignment system.

That's pretty dirty. They're basically stealing -bigadv units right out from under everyone else. While it's kind of good that they aren't actually deleting units, they are also completely abusing the assignment system.

I agree 100%. It is extremely unethical.

It's not a long term scheme. It wouldn't be hard for pande to counteract that plan.

Yep, deleted posts again. The two quotes from my last post are from a bwm post that was deleted from that thread.
The EVGA forum policy of deleting posts is one of the reasons I generally avoid their forum. Deleting vulgarity or posts offensive to others I understand and is prudent, but removing posts indiscriminately amounts to censorship.

Also, notice how little negativity about bwm's actions comes from their former teammates unless that also has been deleted. Had they been folding for [H], they would have been heavily rebuked by us before another team could have even caught wind of the fiasco...

It is extremely unethical.
TFT. There's nothing ethical about bwm and their reasons for folding. It's purely self-aggrandizement and nothing else. Their heap of brash admissions the past several months is a univocal testament to this. If they were truly folding for altruistic causes in addition to other reasons, they'd fold anything that came their way as we and others do. They created a team with no discussion forum to prevent the inevitable backlash and criticism they continually receive for their folding 'tactics'.

It's not a long term scheme. It wouldn't be hard for pande to counteract that plan.
It wouldn't be all that difficult for PG to implement methods to prevent this sort of thing and loopholes which hurt the project were the collective will to do so. I won't hold my breath to see a change in this sate of affairs. It's situations as frustrating as this one that oftentimes compels me to quit altogether.

To my recollection in all the years I've been folding, there has never been anyone that caused so much controversy and attracted this level of ire. Despicable. :mad:

The question is ....... Do Pande actually know what is going on? I very much doubt they have the time to read beyond their own Forum.

For anybody that would care to read the post that MIBW linked to, i have a copy on my hard drive......... PM me, if i get enough requests and/or the mods don't object i may just post it all up for everyone to read

you should post it IMO. It's good for the community to be aware of this problem.

Back