Top 10 Tech Pranks

HardOCP News

[H] News
TechSpot has put together a list of what they feel are the Top 10 Tech Pranks that you can pull on friends, family and coworkers. You guys have seen most of these but #10 is always funny to pull on someone.

However, if you are in an office setting with desktop PCs, just plug a wireless mouse and keyboard receiver in the back of the prankee's computer, and control it from your desk. The receiving person will be lost when the mouse starts moving by itself, starting applications, and typing weird messages on the screen. Combine this with one of the pranks above and you're in for a good laugh.

Not so funny if you are the IT person who gets called to fix these "pranks".

As far as flipping the screen, I've had people do that to them selves by accidently hitting the key combination :confused:

I once changed left and right click on a coworkers mouse, pretty harmless but it drove her almost nuts imagine doing the wallpaper thingie.

One coworker went into the mouse control panel and turned the speed way down on another coworker's machine. It was extra annoying for me to fix, as the metro version of the mouse control panel doesn't even have that functionality shown. I had to go into the real control panel and fix it.

Back during Win2k, we'd change the color scheme to black. Completely black. Black text, black background, black windows, black highlighted text, etc. You can only change it back through safe mode or deleting profile, simply cause you can't tell what you are doing. It's not possible to do this anymore.

I would also put scotch tape on the inside of their USB connections. So mouse, keyboard, etc would be plugged in, but won't work.

For those seek and destroy typers, I'd swap keys around on their keyboard.

We'd also make logon scripts that would spam "net send" messages out. Like we had one co-worker that would come in late all the time, so we created that logon script to net send the whole shop "Oh snap, I'm late again!"

I'm also a big fan of OWA. You can lock out someone's acct from thousands of miles away, if you know their login.

Back