Top 10 Open World Games

I'm glad they included Elite. It spawned one of my all time favorites; Elite: First Encounters. I still play today as it has been prettied up quite a bit :D

I bought morrowind and oblivion, but ultimately i couldnt get into them. I'll never get it really.

JC - no
AC - no
RDR - no
GTA IV - no

WHY are people like this employed to write things AS THEIR JOB and I can't get a similar occupation? Do you actually have to be clinically disabled to qualify for a journalism position nowadays?

I bought morrowind and oblivion, but ultimately i couldnt get into them. I'll never get it really.

I've tried Oblivion, never hooked me. Even Fallout 3 eventually grabbed hold of me and had me playing for a good 30 or 40 hours. I loved Risen, I'm enjoying Gothic 3. Maybe it's because they killed off Patrick Stewart's character so early, I just never forgave them for that.

Yeah, and Liam Neeson's character dies partway through Fallout 3. I think Bethesda can't afford to pay big name actors for parts that last the entire game. :p

is this specifically console games? because if it wasnt, im not too sure why WoW isnt up there

i agree with most of the morrowind sentiments. it was a really good game, once you got into it. it really had no tutorial and was stupid hard at the beginning, but the whole of it was really fun.

I, personally, think WoW belongs up there too. I know it wasn't the first, and I know that it has been dumbed down/ruined by blizz in most people's opinion, but the original game was really fun and I had a blast playing with some friends 1-60. It felt expansive and connected all at the same time. Yes, it had downfalls, but I think it succeeded more than it failed.

I loved Risen, I'm enjoying Gothic 3.
gothic 3 is pretty great with the community patch. news also came out last week about super high res textures/settings, a video was shown panning through the countryside. It was pretty awesome. unfortunately the site was in german, so not sure how to get/install that.

JC - no
AC - no
RDR - no
GTA IV - no

WHY are people like this employed to write things AS THEIR JOB and I can't get a similar occupation? Do you actually have to be clinically disabled to qualify for a journalism position nowadays?

Huh? You disagree that they are open world, some of the best open world games, or what? If they aren't some of the best, what are?

Back