Tool Kit

wrangler

2[H]4U
Wondering if anyone can recommend a general computer repair tool kit that includes screw drivers small enough to take out the screws on a modern AMD GPU shroud and cooler.
Specifically a reference Powercolor RX480.

I have a set that has served me well for years but the smallest one doesn't work. (specifically on the tiny screws on the shroud, could probably make something work on the heatsink screws) I guess I feel the need to get with the times.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Go to hardware store and get the bit or just ebay it. I got my screw set at ebay for 3 bucks, some special bit for taking apart hard drive and such.

The iFixit kits are pretty good for small electronics. People say quality isn't the best but I'm pretty happy with the tool selection.

The iFixit kits are pretty good for small electronics. People say quality isn't the best but I'm pretty happy with the tool selection.

Yeah, pretty much. They're not the highest-quality like Wiha or similar, but for general occasional usage they're just fine.

Some years ago I picked up at the local Fry's a similar generic precision screwdriver/bit set for ~$15. It's been just fine. Also picked up a set of ~100 regular-sized normal/security/oddball bits for about the same that's OK for light jobs (they're kinda soft and can be twisted/distorted if the screw is really tight).

Back