Tool for really cleaning up XP

DarkCyber

[H]ard|Gawd
Are they really any tools out there that will really clean up Windows XP and get it back to the point of like a clean install (or near that point)? I know there are numerous registry cleaning tools, but few that I have found offer very little benefit.

Thanks!

No one "tool" is going to clean everything up for you.... alot of cleaning will need to be done manually, but CCleaner and RegScrubXP both work pretty well, in my opinion...

And sometimes, the best clean up tool you have is your XP install disc:)

No one "tool" is going to clean everything up for you.... alot of cleaning will need to be done manually, but CCleaner and RegScrubXP both work pretty well, in my opinion...

And sometimes, the best clean up tool you have is your XP install disc:)

Yes, you are correct about doing a fresh install, but I have several programs that are registered and I have to contact each of the vendors to get new registration codes...etc. and it's just a big pain to go through all that. I would rather just try to clean it up really good first and if doesn't accomplish what I need, then I can always do the clean install.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I use both RegScrubXP and CCleaner on XP boxes as well. Both are free, and work great too.

Back