Too much intake?

B!nd.

Gawd
Joined
Mar 14, 2012
Messages
757
I just purchased the side mesh panel for my 650D and I wanted to install at least 2 120mm intakes. My questions is, will be pulling in too much air?

Currently my setup consists of a front mounted 200mm megaflow (which really does not move as much air as I would have hoped) a 120mm fan basically behind the megaflow mounted ontop of my HDD cage, another megaflow on the top vent pulling air out, and a rear 120mm exhaust. On top of my 2 120mm on my heatsink.

Will the additional intakes improve or ruin my current setup? I was thinking of doing two 120mm on the top vent.

Thoughts?
 
Probably won't do much of anything, to be honest, but it certainly won't hurt anything either. Having greater intake airflow than exhaust is called "positive pressure" inside the case and is actually preferred by many due to the air being easier to filter.
 
Probably won't do much of anything, to be honest, but it certainly won't hurt anything either. Having greater intake airflow than exhaust is called "positive pressure" inside the case and is actually preferred by many due to the air being easier to filter.

Just the answer I was looking for, thanks.

I wasent sure if postive pressure meant more intake or more exhaust but now that I think about it, its pretty obvious.
 
Back
Top